• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 43rd Annual Kodansha Manga Awards' Nominees Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:20 am Reply with quote
As a My Little Monster Fan, very happy to see Our Precious Conversations in there. Though, seeing it also reminds me that it's digital only in English, which just makes me hope that it is a series that makes the jump to print one day...

Act-age is a series that interests me, but the premise also leaves too much to be desired. It's something I can't seem to get my head around, so I'm not sure if it is something that I'd really be invested in if I were to throw $ at it.

Quintessential Quintuplets surprised me, when it comes to how attached to the characters I became, after seeing the anime. It's a manga I plan to collect. Already have the first volume, but yet to order more.
gaptoothsailor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
As a My Little Monster Fan, very happy to see Our Precious Conversations in there. Though, seeing it also reminds me that it's digital only in English, which just makes me hope that it is a series that makes the jump to print one day...

Act-age is a series that interests me, but the premise also leaves too much to be desired. It's something I can't seem to get my head around, so I'm not sure if it is something that I'd really be invested in if I were to throw $ at it.

Quintessential Quintuplets surprised me, when it comes to how attached to the characters I became, after seeing the anime. It's a manga I plan to collect. Already have the first volume, but yet to order more.

For act-age, you can get access to the backlog of available chapters with the Shonen Jump subscription vault. There's still a gap missing, but once the volumes get released in English, they'll get added there and you can still read them with the subscription. I've been enjoying it personally, and I'm glad it's been doing well in Japan.
7PhoenixAshes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:52 am Reply with quote
I'm rooting for you, "What Did You Eat Yesterday!" I skip all the recipe parts (I can't stand cooking and have zero interest in food prep), but it is somehow it is still one of my absolute favorite manga.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:34 am Reply with quote
gaptoothsailor wrote:
I've been enjoying it personally, and I'm glad it's been doing well in Japan.

Don't know what it is, but Act-age sound like it'd be a bit dark. Maybe I'm just reading too much into the method acting being a problem with the MC?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1