• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nijimen Readers Pick 10 Anime That Need Remakes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see Guyver being remade.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I can get behind an Ouran remake if it includes more seasons. The same for Twelve Kingdoms.
Morry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Kyo Hisagi wrote:
Ouran doesn't need a remake, season 2 is fine. Or is it far from source material? I've resd only 4 volumes.
I really wanna see Claymore and Soul Eater, these 2 shows deserve better.

The last two episodes are pretty much entirely disconnected from the rest of the series. (I hadn't even read the manga yet and I could tell the pacing was off for those two; very obvious rushed wrap-up arc)

A season 2 is entirely possible, but it would be like Blue Exorcist and just be ignoring those last two episodes and continue along its merry way.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Beansprout Midget wrote:
IAnd Reborn? I know it didn't follow the end of the manga, but how far off was it? Or did it just abruptly end? Also, if somebody could give Soul Eater, Pandora Hearts, and Claymore the Brotherhood/HxH treatment, that'd be great.
Reborn! had one more arc after the Anime ended, which was good upon till the Manga was cancelled, at which point the last few chapters had a giant info dump explaining everything and then it ended. So a new adaptation could fix the ending by having the last arc longer and ending the way the Mangaka wanted it to.

Regardless of how you feel towards the Anime original ending to Soul Eater, which i won't defend, Bones did an amazing job bringing the show to life. And I do not know if they could do that quite as well again, it was like a lightning in a bottle moment.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I think Gangsta. needs a remake! Especially since the books are pretty good for a series that updates once in a while. As well as since the studio that made it is dead, it had a great opening but terrible animation at times. Also Twin Star Exorcists that series was done an INJUSTICE to the highest order. The manga is seriously good right now and they needed to keep it 24 episodes or even 12 and just remain faithful to the series!! That's it! No extra fluff! But sadly that may never happen.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:40 pm Reply with quote
*clicks through link to 2015 piece*

Ms. Loveridge wrote:
There isn't anyone left who's holding out hope for James Cameron's long-delayed Battle Angel film.

Hee.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Beansprout Midget wrote:
As for my own remakes, I'd argue Saint Seiya. Give it the DBZ Kai treatment, cut down all of the fluff, reanimate some stuff, and it becomes a bit more accessible.

Netflix is apparently doing that, but in ugly CGI.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm all about shoujo scifi & fantasy: Please Save My Earth, Basara, Twelve Kingdoms, Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden (a Fushigi Yugi prequel that I think is better than the original and never got an anime adaptation). Heck, if we're dreaming, wouldn't it be awesome if they made a Nausicaa series?
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:37 pm Reply with quote
From the list given, I've voted for Brynhildr, Tsubasa, and Flame of Recca.

Outside of the list, series I can think of are Book Girl (from movie into a series), Sumomomo Momomo (full story adaption), and Hayate the Combat Butler (start from the beginning, cut out the fluff from the original anime and the manga, streamline things till we get to the end). I think I'll not list anything more, as others have been mentioned, and a few others that I'd like to see remade is only because they weren't full adaptions. Laughing
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see both Shaman King and Negima get remade
Axbox360

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Kyo Hisagi wrote:
Ouran doesn't need a remake, season 2 is fine. Or is it far from source material? I've resd only 4 volumes.

Tell japan that .

(Even thou soul eater’s manga ending wasn’t great either) Rolling Eyes
Demonskid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I'd go for a Ouran remake.

Claymore is another I'd vote for.

Horimiya is another I'd ask for a remake. The original anime was a 3 Episode OVA series that probably followed the 4-koma as a lot from the manga was missing/changed which left it feel bland. It'd be nice if they remade the series as a TV series that followed the manga instead. We need more good RomComs in our life ;3
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 pm Reply with quote
My remake choices would be Battle Angel Alita, Ouran, and Tsubasa Chronicles. I'd be surprised if they actually get a sequel to the live action Alita greenlit but a new anime remake would be a great way to tell the story of the entire manga if we don't get more movies. The original Ouran was such a great comedy classic but there's still so much more to the manga that they didn't cover and I'd love to see the entire story adapted especially now with other shoujo anime like Fruits Basket getting complete reboots. I'd also love a complete adaptation of Tsubasa Chronicles as the original anime wasn't faithful to the darker tone of the manga and never adapted the full story. And now seems like it would be a good time to do a new Tsubasa Chronicles anime with Cardcaptor Sakura being back in the fandom consciousness through Clear Card.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
Kyo Hisagi wrote:

The last two episodes are pretty much entirely disconnected from the rest of the series. (I hadn't even read the manga yet and I could tell the pacing was off for those two; very obvious rushed wrap-up arc)

A season 2 is entirely possible, but it would be like Blue Exorcist and just be ignoring those last two episodes and continue along its merry way.

Thanks for clearing, pretty sure they could have done it this way you described. I really wanna see season 2 but not sure if it happens anytime in my life.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:13 pm Reply with quote
His and Hers Circumstances or is this one too obvious? Or just too forgotten? Or was this one of those situations where the author flat out refuses any further adaptations?

From the poll... Yokohama Shopping Log... a full adaptation rather than just the two OVA episodes would be nice.

And a slimmed down Kodocha... there's more but who else but me would want a better adaptation of Mahoraba Heartfelt Days? Oh, Pita Ten with a full adaptation would be great too. Karin... it's not even on the poll and it's not only incomplete, only 7 out of its 26 episodes actually matched the tone of the source manga...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4