• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jump Force Game's 1st of 9 DLC Characters is Yu-Gi-Oh!'s Seto Kaiba

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I am surprised it's not another Goku.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
You have to remember that "The West" isn't just North America, as other areas of the world have larger fanbases for series that never even saw release in North America.

This right here!

In addition to Ryo representing France, Seiya and Shiryu represent parts of Europe & Latin and South America because let's be honest here, would they have been included if North America was the ONLY target audience for this game? Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Likewise, Dai was likely included for the Arabic players, as I remember hearing that Dai no Daibouken was a massive hit in the Middle East.

That's interesting, I always assumed it was because they wanted to finally make use of their J-Stars data files since Dai, Jotaro & Dio (along with Yoh pre-Takei falling out) were found after that game's release so it was believed that they were DLC at the time.

Still if true that's pretty cool...though I wish they went with more JoJo characters since I'm sure Part 3's not the only popular one outside Japan (see the special treatment All Star Battle got in Italy).

Minos_Kurumada wrote:
I am surprised it's not another Goku.

FighterZ got you covered with GT Goku being the next DLC character. Laughing
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:00 am Reply with quote
Was really hoping they'd add Assassination Classroom to the game, I just wanted to see All Might vs Koro-sensei. That shouldn't be asking to much, but apparently it is. Saving stuff for the sequel like with Xenoverse 2 I guess.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:53 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Was really hoping they'd add Assassination Classroom to the game, I just wanted to see All Might vs Koro-sensei. That shouldn't be asking to much, but apparently it is. Saving stuff for the sequel like with Xenoverse 2 I guess.

Emerje

I wouldn't count on a sequel considering the licensing involved and the already bad reception it has (for good reason because this game makes J-Stars, Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite & even Sonic 2006 look like the best games ever and it needs a MAJOR update in order to fix things).

They can try again for the 55th Anniversary though.....hopefully under a better developer rather than Spike Chunsoft again.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:36 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
That's interesting, I always assumed it was because they wanted to finally make use of their J-Stars data files since Dai, Jotaro & Dio (along with Yoh pre-Takei falling out) were found after that game's release so it was believed that they were DLC at the time.

It's probably also for that reason, too. I just remember hearing that Dai no Daibouken was super popular in the Middle East (along with Captain Tsubasa), similar to how Ginga -Nagareboshi Gin- was hyper-popular in Scandanavia, so I'm just guessing that it's another factor for Dai's inclusion.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Spike Chunsoft's been churning these janky 3D brawlers out for 15 years now. As the power of the hardware grows, their ability to even deliver capable fanservice declines.

It is weird Captain Tsubasa is entirely MIA in this game. Under its various localized names, the series was hugely popular across Europe, the Middle East and South America. I'd crack a joke about Bandai Namco being too lazy to match the game's localization to the individual markets, but that's probably true, plus, spoiler[the Japanese production companies seem to have required the 2018 anime to be a direct translation everywhere.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2