• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sato's Fragtime Yuri Manga Gets Anime Adaptation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuricon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:11 am Reply with quote
Women do not upskirt other women. Only men think that's funny or sexy. It is not. It is an act of sexual assault and I wish I could eradicate it as a plot and from real life.

I had not heard of this series before this announcement and it makes me very angry that this is getting an anime when decent stories about not-gross behavior and women in love are ignored.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:33 pm Reply with quote
yuricon wrote:
Guess it's only a matter of time until this kind of post that judged the story without reading the whole thing happened. That skirt lifting scene happened once as far as I remembered (finished it a while ago) and you spoke as if woman are angels overall when that's not even the case, and not on the topic of things. How about criticizing isekai harem ecchi crap that done much worse and yet kept receiving anime announcement anyway? With the recent being Mushoku Tensei where apparently the protagonist is described as being "decadent". Beside, they don't just announced crappy yuri for adaptation. Bloom aired not too long ago. Oh, the gender for the author of this time stopping manga in particular? It's a she.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=12353

Either way, I'm just glad there's another new yuri anime and I'm looking forward to what else in store in the future.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
yuricon wrote:
Guess it's only a matter of time until this kind of post that judged the story without reading the whole thing happened. That skirt lifting scene happened once as far as I remembered (finished it a while ago) and you spoke as if woman are angels overall when that's not even the case, and not on the topic of things. How about criticizing isekai harem ecchi crap that done much worse and yet kept receiving anime announcement anyway? With the recent being Mushoku Tensei where apparently the protagonist is described as being "decadent". Beside, they don't just announced crappy yuri for adaptation. Bloom aired not too long ago. Oh, the gender for the author of this time stopping manga in particular? It's a she.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=12353

Either way, I'm just glad there's another new yuri anime and I'm looking forward to what else in store in the future.

You know, one of the reasons why I love a certain yuri series from 2004 so much even more is because it is the kind of show you couldn't be allowed to make in this day and age.
It would be too controversial and would be deemed "problematic" and "offensive". While I myself don't like certain things that would be considered offensive, I am against the idea of having adaptions not being made because a certain section of fandom would find some of its elements offensive. Hell, as strange and almost contradictory as it sounds there are some things I find offensive and some things I...actually don't find offensive. In fact, rather...fascinating.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:02 pm Reply with quote
What was controversial about Kannazuki no Miko? Granted its been a long time since I've seen it but I don't remember anything.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
What was controversial about Kannazuki no Miko? Granted its been a long time since I've seen it but I don't remember anything.

Let me help jog your memory, then.

Sospoiler[ in episode 8, Chikane became evil and joined the Orochi and in order to prove that to Himeko, she raped her. It was later revealed she did it because she HAD to in order for Himeko to hate her and kill her without any guilt, so the world would be saved.]

Needless to say, this decision did not bode well for some people as they felt it was really unnecessary. Either it was too extreme and shocking. Or some felt it wasspoiler[ "fetishzing rape".]

Another issue was that many felt spoiler[Himeko forgave her way too early, come episode 12.]

I can't tell you how many times I've seen people take offense to this and quite honestly, I felt people took the whole point of the scene out of context.

This is why I sympathize with those who enjoy shows like SAO, Goblin Slayer, and Shield Hero because I feel they are in a situation similar to what I had to go though as a fan of a show I loved. I can understand where they're coming from.
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:53 pm Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
I’m not sure if it’s too long for an anime movie (maybe a TV series), but.... *staring intently at Girl Friends*

Yeah... completed Yuri series gets anime adaptation... Why can't Girl Friends?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2