• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shiro Amano Returns to Pen Kingdom Hearts III Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:16 am Reply with quote
I take it Amano wasn't happy with Kairi in this game, either. Why must we rely solely on the manga for her to be officially badass? spoiler[Power to stall Sora's death notwithstanding.]
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:16 am Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
I take it Amano wasn't happy with Kairi in this game, either.

Not that I disagree with you, but where did you get that impression?
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
immblueversion wrote:
I take it Amano wasn't happy with Kairi in this game, either.

Not that I disagree with you, but where did you get that impression?

That's just my own conclusion. I don't know if that's what drove Amano's decision to make Kairi more awesome in the KH2 manga than she was in the game, among other things.
lys

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Wahoo!!! As someone who doesn't play video games (I try on occasion but it's just not my medium) and was introduced to the series through Amano-sensei's manga (and subsequently fell in love with it), I'm so glad! Manga-Kingdom-Heartst has such a wonderful blend of humour, characterization, and emotion, and the dearest artwork!!
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:46 pm Reply with quote
The manga's use of humor is what made me fall in love with this adaptation. I am generally not one to read novels or manga based on video games, but Kingdom Hearts is THE exception.

Hope Yen Press picks this up soon and does not leave us hanging for years in between volumes....again.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I now outright hate the story these games tell after suffering though 12 goddamn hours of mind numbing cutscenes in KH3 (dear SE, stop relying on DLC and spin-offs to finish your stories) but i never got why this manga adaptation went on break. It´s arguably the most comprehensible way to study up on the story/lore. KH3 is mostly a sequel to 3D and Birth by Sleep, as KH2 managed to resolve the then current plot rather well. So i don´t quite get how this particular adaption is supposed to work. The poor kids reading this will be beyond confused.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1