• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime' TV Anime Gets Sequel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I hope they plan this out better than latter half of this season.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow, another piece of great news today.

Glad Slime is getting a 2nd season. I've enjoyed what I've seen so far (I'm not up-to-date with the anime), and happy to see that there's another season coming. I think I've seen around 14 episodes of the current season.

The other news that I was happy about is an apparent magazine leak that OreGairu is getting a 3rd season...though got to wait on an official word on that one.
RegisterJustForComment

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
meh

The ending of the series was so dull and boring that it felt like a chore. It went from being a series that I looked forward to watching each week, to one that I could care less about.

Hopefully the new stuff helps the title regain some of it original strength. I however will not jump on this right as it comes out, I'll wait for the consensus first.

Well. There's a (very very) big arc after the last main episode. If they try to forcibly put it this season, 'there will be lots of cutting it will be better if they put it next season'.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Of course there will be a second season. Rimuru doesn't look like a blue "easy button" for nothing... Confused
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:51 am Reply with quote
Great to hear this news. Hopefully this is at the beginning of 2020. I wonder now if they'll add in the content they skipped at the beginning of the last arc? Probably wouldn't even take more than half an episode...
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Everyone saw this announcement coming. What surprised me was how long it will be before season 2 especially cos the winter season is nearly over.
nDroae

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Didn't I read that many anime studios' schedules are fully booked out to two years in advance, due to high demand and low workforce? Well, maybe for 8-Bit it's only one year.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:12 pm Reply with quote
nDroae wrote:
Didn't I read that many anime studios' schedules are fully booked out to two years in advance, due to high demand and low workforce? Well, maybe for 8-Bit it's only one year.

Usually with announcements like this, the 2nd season (or 3rd, 4th, etc) was planned for production ahead of time, and the announcement is just to keep viewers excited after the first season wraps up. That's why a lot of 2nd seasons for surprise successes are much further out from the first - the preproduction and planning has to start almost from the beginning again.
nDroae

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I thought someone might reply that to my first post in the thread, not the second one Very Happy
Shwiggie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Really enjoyed this show. Glad it's being continued.
Xiximaro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:10 am Reply with quote
Heard that they already skipped important content from the sources, ended the anime story prematurely and leaving the last two episodes about nothing interesting. I was betting they wouldn't make a sequel...
Not that I mind, hope they include what they skipped.
Xiximaro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:12 am Reply with quote
Heard that they already skipped important content from the sources, ended the anime story prematurely and leaving the last two episodes about nothing interesting. I was betting they wouldn't make a sequel...
Not that I mind, hope they include what they skipped.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2