• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Premieres The Promised Neverland Anime on April 13

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaptoothsailor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
Just saw the ending of the first season last night. Didn't think I'd like the series that much as I had been an avid fan of the manga since its initial release in Japan. I like that they added flashbacks for several of the characters that I don't recall being present in the manga. I really liked Norman's flashback and the cute hair curl thing that Emma's hair did.

The Norman flashback was actually a sequence of one-page side stories added at the end of chapters in the collected volumes, so I'm really glad they managed to find a way to fit that into the anime!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:55 am Reply with quote
Good shit, Aniplex! First, the SAO: Alicization dub and now The Promised Neverland dub! Y'all be making them quick moves!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:59 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
I was expecting Mob season 2, but this is also a really good pick.

Honestly, I thought that too. Since, they did finish airing Season 1's English Dub. I was hoping MP100 S2 was gonna get picked up. My guess is, we probably have to wait on what Crunchyroll will do with Season 2.
James_xeno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:02 am Reply with quote
Ugh... Can't we just get something lighter but still with a story?! No thinks.. Looks like i'll remain having a free half hour on sat nights at that time..

Did AS/Toonami learn nothing from S2 of IBO?

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Promised Neverland is a solid pick that should play well with the Toonami audience. I'm glad the English dub is already coming out so soon. I think the dub could help improve some of the over the top elements the sub got some criticism for. I hope the Toonami broadcast will help give it more fans.

What issue are you talking about here?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:33 am Reply with quote
^The scenes with Sister Krone talking to herself got some flack and I would be interested to see how the dub does that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2