• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Anime Gets New Sequel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K'un Lun Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:15 am Reply with quote
I would like to see New Voyage/Be Forever expanded to series-length. I think if the story was given a little room to breathe, it could be a worthy threequel.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:42 am Reply with quote
K'un Lun Kid wrote:
I would like to see New Voyage/Be Forever expanded to series-length. I think if the story was given a little room to breathe, it could be a worthy threequel.

The only way that would work for me is if they got rid of the insultingly dumb twist with spoiler[the Black Nebulans pretending to be conquered future Earthians in order to break the spirits of the Yamato crew instead of, y'know, shooting them dead as soon as they disembarked.]
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
K'un Lun Kid wrote:

The only way that would work for me is if they got rid of the insultingly dumb twist with spoiler[the Black Nebulans pretending to be conquered future Earthians in order to break the spirits of the Yamato crew instead of, y'know, shooting them dead as soon as they disembarked.]

I don't think there's enough material between the two films for a series. Incorporate elements from both into it, for sure, but part of what worked for me with both 2199 and 2202 was that they weren't carbon copies of their 1970s predecessors, to varying degrees each took their own storyline and ran with it. I'm hoping that from here on we are moving into relatively uncharted seas of stars, and that they're going to come up with some new storylines.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2