• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Pop Team Epic Anime's 2 Special Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:31 am Reply with quote
I wonder if it will also stream on Funimation, Crunchyroll etc. I can not see Sentai dubbing it since it has voice actors from LA in it.
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:30 am Reply with quote
I hope this will appear on CR and Funimation as well. Pop Team Epic's non-exclusivity contract brought the type of competition to the streaming market that we need.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Friki del Mal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Actually, its licensed by Funimation, since they were the first to release the home video version. As it's a non-exclusive agreement, this anime can be licensed by anybody.
Blackat 33

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:47 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I wonder if it will also stream on Funimation, Crunchyroll etc. I can not see Sentai dubbing it since it has voice actors from LA in it.

It will also launch on asiancrush.com for sure, and probably Crunchyroll and Funimation later with the dub? Wouldn't be surprised to see this on Amazon as well later
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:00 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

FMP:TSR was recorded AT ADV but licensed by Funi. I would imagine that, should Funi and Sentai be O.K. with it, Funi could record the show at Funi but Sentai releases it. Sure, that is a big "what if", but Funi is big enough to help make a similar thing happen with these OVA ep. I do wonder if these OVA will repeat the TV series version of having 4 VA per episode for our 2 lead characters.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:47 pm Reply with quote
My initial thought is that it doesn't matter who licenses this because there isn't a consistent voice cast at all. But really, I'm sure this is just the same kind of license the series has in that it will be streaming everywhere possible.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

FMP:TSR was recorded AT ADV but licensed by Funi. I would imagine that, should Funi and Sentai be O.K. with it, Funi could record the show at Funi but Sentai releases it. Sure, that is a big "what if", but Funi is big enough to help make a similar thing happen with these OVA ep. I do wonder if these OVA will repeat the TV series version of having 4 VA per episode for our 2 lead characters.
The Second Raid was licensed initially by Kadokawa Pictures USA with Funiamtion acting as distributor and then later as lisencer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1