• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach's Tite Kubo Designs Characters for New Sakura Wars PS4 Game (Updated)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranran-001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:30 am Reply with quote
I am super excited for the news, but For the love of... please bring the other sakura games over as well...
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:06 am Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
Interesting that Tite Kubo is is working as a character designer for a video game. Being that the title of this game is New Sakura Wars I wonder of this would be a good starting point as I never played a Sakura Wars game before.

It's been a while since I played any of the games in this series, but from what I remember most of them tended to be fairly newcomer-friendly, so you should be okay!
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:49 am Reply with quote
ranran-001 wrote:
I am super excited for the news, but For the love of... please bring the other sakura games over as well...

QFT, couldnt of said it better myself

i only played the one they actually localized,i loved it so much i bought the movie just cause ratchet was in it and also tried quite unsuccessfully too get the 6 episode ova for sakura wars 5 on dvd.
Deadwing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:53 am Reply with quote
Kubo is a good character designer, but it's still going to be weird without Kosuke Fujishima's character designs. I wonder why they didn't/couldn't get Fujishima back for this one. It doesn't appear that he's retired yet.
LuScr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:49 pm Reply with quote
In terms of story, the thing that caught my eye is that while it has been 12 years since SW V, according to the trailer it has been "10 years since the previous Combat Revue was lost."

So the game will have a new cast, but we'll also probably be exploring what happened to the old one in the interval (and defeating whatever new evil force took them down). For the first sequel in a very long time, that's probably about the best that could be hoped for.

Hopefully, this will proceed along the same lines as Utawarerumono, where the two newer games did well enough that they're FINALLY going to release the original in English.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:11 pm Reply with quote
LuScr wrote:
In terms of story, the thing that caught my eye is that while it has been 12 years since SW V, according to the trailer it has been "10 years since the previous Combat Revue was lost."

So the game will have a new cast, but we'll also probably be exploring what happened to the old one in the interval (and defeating whatever new evil force took them down). For the first sequel in a very long time, that's probably about the best that could be hoped for.

Hopefully, this will proceed along the same lines as Utawarerumono, where the two newer games did well enough that they're FINALLY going to release the original in English.

Though if you look closely in the trailer, at least one old character is confirmed to return.

https://twitter.com/sam_animeherald/status/1111998208010530816
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:26 am Reply with quote
Haven't people been saying for a while that Kubo should get into character design? The consensus I remember about Bleach was that even when the storytelling fell apart, the new characters were always well-designed.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:20 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:

It's been a while since I played any of the games in this series, but from what I remember most of them tended to be fairly newcomer-friendly, so you should be okay!

Okay! Thank you for telling me, BodaciousSpacePirate. Smile I will see if I can give this upcoming game a try.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Apparently this week's issue of Jump will feature a poster done by Kubo and it will have Sakura Wars on it:

https://twitter.com/sam_animeherald/status/1112790240253628417
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2