• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - Card Captor Sakura's 8 Most Useful Clow Cards

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:39 am Reply with quote
Norm the genius wrote:
Have you noticed that this girl possessed great powers thanks to these letters? I seriously could have dominated the world or the city, but what is a fact is that it turned her into someone very Overpower magical girls are always OP but no one has ever criticized them for this aspect very unlike the protagonists of isekai that although some are a lot of slife of life as "smartphone" or "slime" are severely criticized.

...Because Sakura actually has to work for the cards, starting an ordinary girl and gradually becoming stronger and going through more character development over time, she's isn't just handed everything on a silver platter like most modern isekai heroes, who are OP from the very beginning.
Norm the genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:35 am Reply with quote
ninjamitsuki wrote:
Norm the genius wrote:
Have you noticed that this girl possessed great powers thanks to these letters? I seriously could have dominated the world or the city, but what is a fact is that it turned her into someone very Overpower magical girls are always OP but no one has ever criticized them for this aspect very unlike the protagonists of isekai that although some are a lot of slife of life as "smartphone" or "slime" are severely criticized.

...Because Sakura actually has to work for the cards, starting an ordinary girl and gradually becoming stronger and going through more character development over time, she's isn't just handed everything on a silver platter like most modern isekai heroes, who are OP from the very beginning.

neither is it that he works too much, nor is it like the shonen protagonists who suffer a thousand injustices, they all treat him badly and are considered losers, they have to suffer training, they are beaten to the point of staying on the floor, while the magic girls never train with their powers or spells and are exceedingly superior to other warriors, a good example of this is seen in Re:creators where the pink magical girl surpasses the red haired girl who lived in a world at war and that he trained throughout his life.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2