• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Some Praise For Some Moderators

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:42 am Reply with quote
There have been times that the moderators here have come under a great deal of criticism. There have also been times that I've been among those who have done the criticizing. But,I should say that there should be praise when the moderators do something to receive it. For me,there are two moderators who have done things that I personally think have earned that esteem. And now,it's time that they receive it.
The first moderator who had earned this from me is Psycho 101 and what he did for me was something recent. For those who don't know or aren't subscribers,I've had a post on how my mother's been doing ever since she had an accident earlier this year in the Community section. Quite a few people have commented there,but someone I never thought would ever see commenting on anything I posted was Psycho 101. You see,I kinda annoyed him a bit and to be honest,if someone annoyed me like I annoyed him,I would be very reluctant to comment on anything he or she posted.

The fact that Psycho 101 would be so great as to say something as kind as he had done to someone who had annoyed him a lot is something I'm very grateful for. He didn't have to do that. Just the fact that he did something like that,is something that should be respected. I admit I may not always be the easiest person in the world to deal with. I can be a bit stubborn about certain stuff and I do things that end up causing me trouble. What I wanted to say was thank you,Psycho 101. I may have been troublesome at times,but I appreciate what you said on my post and I'm very grateful for what you said. Thanks a lot. I'm very grateful for what you did.
Another moderator who deserves some praise from me has been long in deserving of it and I should have given it a long time ago. This person is Tony K. I must confess that when I first began commenting here,I was new and didn't always handle myself well. I admit that there are a lot of things I could have done better and said better,especially with subjects I was interested in. Not a lot of people here wanted to have anything to do with me. Tony K. took the time to talk to someone who a lot of people here thought didn't merit it.

He took the time to do so and I really appreciate that fact. I hope to one day be a better commenter here and if I do something with my particular interest,I hope that it would be better received than it has been in the past. If that happens,then Mr. Tony K. should rightfully be given the credit for trying to help me become that better commenter. And hopefully,I'll be worthy of other people's comments. Wherever you are now,Mr. K.,thank you. I should have said it a long time ago and I hope it's not to late to tell you. Thanks a lot and I hope to be better someday.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Snomaster. I'm sure this was pleasant to read for the moderators.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:28 am Reply with quote
Thank you,Tempest. I hope that others,including the mods themselves comment here. I'd like to hear what they have to say. Again,I may not have always done things or have said things here properly. I hope this can prove that I'm more than just some silly pest who drives everyone crazy here on the forums. That I'm a lot more than that. Thanks again for the kind post,sir. I greatly appreciate this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1