• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
'My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected' Novel Series' 14th Volume Gets Indefinite Delay

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimvice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:35 am Reply with quote
OOF
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:39 am Reply with quote
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Now the anime will be in 2021+ ¬¬ Author-kun, come on man... We are already Waiting long enough...
your fly is down

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:14 pm Reply with quote
It's probably a similar situation to boku wa tomodachi where the author dosent really know how to end a series that is based around high school friends interacting and the editor/s and publisher want them to go hard on the romance plot by having hachiman pick a girlfriend and cutting of ties with the others.
The author is getting to many opinions from multiple places and is unsure of whether to have a solid ending or just have them all graduate and say life goes on.
The author should just have hachiman grow some self confidence and get out of his angsty rut and graduate with hopes to seeing how his future is.
This is genuinely why I hate the "best girl" argument and fans who argue such things because it dissolves the show into a simplistic view and makes being a fan of the franchise toxic and moronic. Can we just have a romcom that people dont lose their minds over
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:29 pm Reply with quote
My last youth romantic comedy book is delayed indefinitely as I expected
Robiii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Whatever girl he chooses doesnt affect me, Im happy for any choice, however, if he chooses none Im burning my SNAFU novels and manga.
T.Silver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:58 pm Reply with quote
[expletive] hell
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:
Whatever girl he chooses doesnt affect me, Im happy for any choice, however, if he chooses none Im burning my SNAFU novels and manga.

Don't do it, just send it to me Very Happy I will read any trash if it's free
Smeagol_17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Probably want to release it with anime. But why the april date?
Shawntalon2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:36 pm Reply with quote
your fly is down wrote:
It's probably a similar situation to boku wa tomodachi where the author dosent really know how to end a series that is based around high school friends interacting and the editor/s and publisher want them to go hard on the romance plot by having hachiman pick a girlfriend and cutting of ties with the others.
The author is getting to many opinions from multiple places and is unsure of whether to have a solid ending or just have them all graduate and say life goes on.
The author should just have hachiman grow some self confidence and get out of his angsty rut and graduate with hopes to seeing how his future is.
This is genuinely why I hate the "best girl" argument and fans who argue such things because it dissolves the show into a simplistic view and makes being a fan of the franchise toxic and moronic. Can we just have a romcom that people dont lose their minds over
Nope that’s not the case this time because the author said he knew how he was gonna end the series since he started writing the LN and that he hasn’t changed his mind and won’t.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I presume the vol. 14th was delayed not to spoil the endind before S3 comes out.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:41 pm Reply with quote
your fly is down wrote:
boku wa tomodachi

We don't speak of that abomination called an ending....
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
I presume the vol. 14th was delayed not to spoil the endind before S3 comes out.

When they announced the anime, I did think that this could happen. Though, have they even said when the last season is even coming out? I mean, if it isn't sometime this year/early 2020, I'd say it'd be ridiculous to delay the last novel for such a long time. Especially since the original release was was back in November 2018.

Personally, my hope has always been that the last novel comes out before the anime. Just so it can cushion the blow, as I do believe this series could end with no "winner" in the romance stakes. Which I'd be fine with, even though my preference has always been a Yui x Hachiman ending.
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:18 pm Reply with quote
This series needs an ending. If anything make it like Rosario + Vampire.

Then again, just finish the HS arc and move to the college years man. I'll read it.

Anime characters have a really young mortality rate lol. 8man x Yukino FTW!
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:12 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
your fly is down wrote:
boku wa tomodachi

We don't speak of that abomination called an ending....

I know and I think it's hilarious. Even My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute didn't suffer a fall as bad as that one. There was a live action adaptation, fan art aplenty and then, suddenly, nothing. Silence. No cries for an adaptation or even a chance to fix things. People moved on so quickly, I think they're still running to this day.

As for Love SNAFU, I think the first delay was real but the second really is so it will come out the same time as the anime ending, to increase sales/brand recognition for both.

And the shipping answer is Hachiman and Yui. If she spent almost a year making him into a better person just so he'd go with Yukino then that would totally suck for all three of them. Of course, the real answer is thre...

But I've said too much.
Wonderllama

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:55 am Reply with quote
I would be happy with Hachiman x Sensei and Yui x Yukino
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2