• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Numerous Funimation Titles Listed As Sold Out By Anime Limited

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crabtree1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow! That is a hell of a lot of shows to suddenly disappear. Have the licenses expired without warning? Has funimation gone into a "splendid isolation mode"? Quite a few unanswered questions out there...
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Crabtree1 wrote:
Wow! That is a hell of a lot of shows to suddenly disappear. Have the licenses expired without warning? Has funimation gone into a "splendid isolation mode"? Quite a few unanswered questions out there...

Nope, They are just sold out in general. Some of those titles have been sold out since the 12 days of christmas started. I remember that it also caused a bit of trouble in numeorus delays as they could not keep up.

They just sold the stock they had and have not yet done a re-print for a lot of them.
pirateaddict
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Quite a few of those are available on Amazon UK.
Crabtree1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Crabtree1 wrote:

Nope, They are just sold out in general. Some of those titles have been sold out since the 12 days of christmas started. I remember that it also caused a bit of trouble in numeorus delays as they could not keep up.

They just sold the stock they had and have not yet done a re-print for a lot of them.

Well that is good news! I don't suppose you know why this seemed like such a big news article without the simple explanation?
CyberLance

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:47 am Reply with quote
I just bought Fairy Tail DVD 22 recently and i guess it was a good thing i did not wait longer to buy it if they are getting sold out.
Probably should buy the 5 Fairy Tail collections i dont have yet soon too just in case.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:52 am Reply with quote
Thankfully there's only 1 title on that list, Noragami Aragoto, that I don't already have and wanted. Glad I normally buy series when they have their sales instead of waiting even longer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1