• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Mario Odyssey, Zelda: Breath of the Wild Add Nintendo Labo VR Goggle Compatibility

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly251

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:53 pm Reply with quote
gonna be a front heavy headset....
EricJ2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:24 pm Reply with quote
We already HAVE Mario in VR, it's called "Astrobot: Rescue Mission" for the Sony Playstation VR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrpfDOn64xc

(And you thought you couldn't get the Mario theme out of your head... Cool )
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:47 pm Reply with quote
It seems kind of scary to have the whole console in the front like that. It looks like it's going to be so front heavy and someone is going to break their product sadly. Hopefully they change it in the future or something to make it lighter.
kyokun47

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:40 am Reply with quote
I'm not personally worried the Switch will fall out of it or anything. I recently bought the Variety Set about a week ago and I was surprised at how solid and sturdy it was. What I'm baffled by is the decision to not include a strap to the goggles to keep around your head. This is going to be uncomfortable to use simply from having to hold your arms up to your head the entire time you're using it and the extensions.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the main problem isn't weight, it's resolution. The Switch screen is too low-if for VR. Everything is going to look super low-detail and blurry. Cutting the screen in half will also dramatically decrease the field of view. So, yeah, while cheap VR is appealing, and I'll probably try it out (because it's cheap) it's obviously not going to be very good--but, if nothing else, I suppose it'll at least offer a superior VR experience to the Virtual Boy.

Shame Nintendo didn't do this five or six years ago (and rolled out the Switch instead of thee WiiU). They could have made gangbusters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1