• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Sarazanmai, Bungo Stray Dogs 3rd Season Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulchaested

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Kistune_bride wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
I heard Aniplex will be releasing Banana Fish.

Hopefully Sentai will get the rights to release Sarazanmai. Show isn't even out yet but I already know I'll like it.

That depends on if CR decides to sublicense the home video rights to them.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Ikuhara and Enokido, together again... in separate shows.

Unpopular opinion here, but I've always found Igarashi and Enokido to be the more appealing combo anyway.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:39 pm Reply with quote
On the subject of Bungo Stray Dogs, I hope Crunchyroll will still do a simuldub of season three.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Kistune_bride wrote:
Hopefully Sentai will get the rights to release Sarazanmai. Show isn't even out yet but I already know I'll like it.

If this happens then here's hoping they don't botch it like they did with Penguindrum. I know it was a long time ago and Sentai's better nowadays (SD Blu-ray framerate issues aside) but they never did release a complete set for that show with new discs, fixing most of it's problems, like they have with others released at that time.
Rika Hue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:05 am Reply with quote
In Japan, The Promised Neverland and Dororo only streamed on Amazon (meaning not on the other Japanese streaming services like Japan Netflix, Abema TV, GYAO!, etc). So Noitamina shows are still streamed exclusively on Amazon in Japan. There are also shows like the new Kabaneri movie, which will soon stream only on Japan amazon. Amazon.jp also stream a good deal of other seasonal shows, and ones that are not part of Prime Video one can buy.

I don't know about amazon.com, since I think that's what people are talking about here. This may be a difficult thing to do, but I think it's important to distinguish between amazon.com and amazon.jp though.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:26 am Reply with quote
I like Amazon for anime streaming, because I really like that their download to watch offline feature saves to the sd card in my Kindle Fire tablet. VRV downloads onto device memory, which slows everything down (I can only download 3 eps at a time at most). Haven't tried Funi's download option yet, but I doubt it works better than VRV...

But that's such a specific issue and I know lots of anime fans have been unhappy with Amazon Prime. So I'm happy the deal is over.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:08 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
A lot of shows from them have gotten home releases from Sentai, and I heard Aniplex will be releasing Banana Fish.
We still need home video releases for The Great Passage, After the Rain, and Wotakoi, which are the main shows I want BDs for that haven't been released yet.

It usually takes 2 years from broadcast for the US home video release. 1 year for the last BD volume to release in Japan, another year later or sometimes more for US release. No Japanese licensor would allow releasing the overseas version so soon after the JP BDs. Nothing on Amazon precludes home video licensing as have already been shown so I wouldn't worry
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:25 am Reply with quote
Rika Hue wrote:
In Japan, The Promised Neverland and Dororo only streamed on Amazon (meaning not on the other Japanese streaming services like Japan Netflix, Abema TV, GYAO!, etc). So Noitamina shows are still streamed exclusively on Amazon in Japan. There are also shows like the new Kabaneri movie, which will soon stream only on Japan amazon. Amazon.jp also stream a good deal of other seasonal shows, and ones that are not part of Prime Video one can buy.
Thank you, that answers why the show has boxes with the word Amazon on them.
Johnamine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:42 am Reply with quote
Little off-topic:

However, is Kadokawa's big deal with Crunchyroll expired?

Because Kadokawa have just sold four major anime titles to Funimation in this season.: "Isekai Quartet", "Strike Witches: 501st JOINT FIGHTER WING Take Off!", "Wise Man's Grandchild" and "The Helpful Fox Senko-san"
(Funimation's versions show Kadokawa's logo at the beginning.)
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Johnamine wrote:
Little off-topic:

However, is Kadokawa's big deal with Crunchyroll expired?

Because Kadokawa have just sold four major anime titles to Funimation in this season.: "Isekai Quartet", "Strike Witches: 501st JOINT FIGHTER WING Take Off!", "Wise Man's Grandchild" and "The Helpful Fox Senko-san"
(Funimation's versions show Kadokawa's logo at the beginning.)

It’s been expired for sometime now. Sentai got a few Kadokowa shows back when Anime Strike was still a thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2