• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime Fans Pick the Most Heart-Pounding Yuri Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:31 am Reply with quote
Gemma Seymour wrote:
Well, of course, these polls are always going to heavily favor the most recent releases, but as far as I am concerned, as an actual lesbian, no poll about yuri can possibly be complete unless Girl Friends, which many of us believe to be the best yuri manga of all time, gets adapted.

To have Sasameki Koto and Aoi Hana down so far on the list is deplorable.

Anime reporters need to stop asking cis het men and boys about yuri, entirely.

Kase-san is a one-shot, not a series, Liz to Aoi Tori is a movie, not a series.

Just finished volume 5 of Girl Friends and I absoultely loved it. It had a good solid ending and I believe it should get its own anime. Well heres for hoping
Lizuka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:27 am Reply with quote
Personal favorites are El Cazador de la Bruja and Flip Flappers.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:33 pm Reply with quote
One of my personal favorites is Pulse. It actually made me cry a liitle bit. It is a bit on the adult side but it has a great story that moves us and involves us
Echii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Out of the Yuri anime I've seen recently, Citrus is the best one I watched
Wellington

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:17 pm Reply with quote
jenthehen wrote:
I disagree - I really enjoyed NTR Trap (to be fair I liked the manga a lot more bc it was less rushed!) It’s one of the few yuri series that acknowledges men exist and that coming out as a lesbian can be confusing and difficult.

And that is why people and Japan don't take yuri seriously. Complicating yuri with too much drama, realism, genderbending, more males, and other sexualities. A disgusting plot about two girls cheating on their boyfriends with each other isn't helping. Not only are their boyfriends are too relevant for their own good but it puts yuri in a negative spotlight when yuri is already niche as it is. Yuri is supposed to be all about girls loving each other, right? Yuribaits like NTR Trap, Prisma Illya, Maria Holic, Kampfer, and Hibike are absolute insults to yuri.
TexZero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Wellington wrote:

And that is why people and Japan don't take yuri seriously. Complicating yuri with too much drama, realism, genderbending, more males, and other sexualities. A disgusting plot about two girls cheating on their boyfriends with each other isn't helping. Not only are their boyfriends are too relevant for their own good but it puts yuri in a negative spotlight when yuri is already niche as it is. Yuri is supposed to be all about girls loving each other, right? Yuribaits like NTR Trap, Prisma Illya, Maria Holic, Kampfer, and Hibike are absolute insults to yuri.

I feel like you're trying to actively simplify a complex subject. Yuri isn't just girls loving girls. That's merely the end result of the relationship and modern Yuri has evolved to cover the entire gambit of sexual exploration and yes that means finding out that you're just not into guys but maybe feel pressured by society to adhere to it's whims.
Wellington

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:43 am Reply with quote
TexZero wrote:
I feel like you're trying to actively simplify a complex subject. Yuri isn't just girls loving girls. That's merely the end result of the relationship and modern Yuri has evolved to cover the entire gambit of sexual exploration and yes that means finding out that you're just not into guys but maybe feel pressured by society to adhere to it's whims.

See that's the problem about yuri, a complex subject. People just want to see girls loving girls, no need for the sexual exploration/male presence/baiting/drama BS. That's why Yuruyuri is so high up there, beaten by two other series that don't deserve their spots. At least Yuruyuri is much bigger than them and has three seasons and a lot of OVAs. And look at how yaoi is so popular in Japan. It doesn't treat like it's a "complex subject" and it is very straightforward about what it is about: boys loving boys.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm grumpy that Utena and Yurikuma Arashi are so low
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:05 pm Reply with quote
feuerwerke wrote:
I'm grumpy that Utena and Yurikuma Arashi are so low

At least we can take solace that a legitimately good yuri titles like Bloom into You and Kase-san are right up there, but yeah it could be recency bias and such.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Why isn't happy sugar life on the list? ; - ; I am kinda disappointed that aoi hana and yuri kuma arashi are pretty low on the list...
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:25 pm Reply with quote
TanyaTheEvil wrote:
I believe that Bloom into You is my personal favorite. I love the story and the opening and end theme songs is the best i heard in years. However Citrus is right up there with Bloom into You. Both are extremely good with excellent story

I want to add that Flip Flappers also has become one of my most favorite anime ever
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3