• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
No news or reviews about Inazuma Eleven series?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artanis

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:14 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure this warrant a topic, but I was curious why ANN almost never covers Inazuma Eleven even if there is a series going on currently (Inazuma Eleven Orion no Kokuin). I realize it's not an anime as popular as Boruto or maybe Black Clover which get episode by episode reviews, but in general the coverage looks quite poor.

Is it because Inazuma Eleven is pheraps seen as too childhish? Is there no one on the staff who is interest into it to cover it?

I mean, there are games and it is decently known, it strikes me as odd here on ANN it's very rarely spoken about.

Just curious!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:46 pm Reply with quote
When you say, "No coverage," are you referring to news (and interest), or to editorial (eg: reviews) ?

We've covered Inazuma Eleven regularly in news/interest, so I assume you mean editorial, but I want to check before forwarding this to the right group of people.

-t
Artanis

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:32 am Reply with quote
I meant reviews/editorial in particular, but in general I saw just a couple of news in the last few months so I was wondering if it was because of not much interest into the series Smile Thanks for looking into it!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:12 pm Reply with quote
We mostlydetermine what series we review largely based on statistical interest from our readers (survey results, page view analytics, number of posts in related forum discussions).

I don't specifically know about Inazuma, but I guess our readers just haven't shown enough interest in it to make it worth covering. Sad

We do make exceptions for shows that we think are extremely interesting, even of only a small % of our readers are interested.
Artanis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:26 am Reply with quote
I understand Smile Thank you for the answer! It is more or less what I thought, but was curious to see if that was the case.

I still love ANN, don't worry Very Happy
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:51 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Inazuma Eleven is unfortunately a little too niche even for us, traffic doesn't support our spending money covering it. We had to cancel our Yowamushi Pedal reviews for the same reason, and we don't cover baseball series either. Our audience does not quite seem to care enough about any of them to justify the expenditure.
Artanis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:05 am Reply with quote
Fair enough Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1