• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utawarerumono Zan Action Game Heads West This Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanadise

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:35 pm Reply with quote
We're actually gonna have (at least one version of) every Utawarerumono game in English. Maybe this world isn't so bad after all.
xBTAx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:07 am Reply with quote
...oh, dang, this one’s whatever but I hadn’t heard that NISA announced the original’s remake.

I bought the sequels but was waiting to see if we’d get that (otherwise I’d just watch its anime); looking forward to playing all 3 when that’s out.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:37 am Reply with quote
In for my obligatory Utawarerumono post.

So this got an announcement as well.. interesting.
I am still curious exactly where in the events of the story this will take place.. Seems to be mostly MOD, but there are some hints for MOT. If that even matters.

Looks to be again a typical Muso (Dynasty warriors) style game and the last one of these I played was Fate Extella.. Fate was a very short game, and it got pretty dull after awhile.

Who am I kidding though.. I just want to run around as Kuon beating the snot out of everything and I will be happy.. lol
Vanadise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
I am still curious exactly where in the events of the story this will take place.. Seems to be mostly MOD, but there are some hints for MOT. If that even matters.

It's a very heavily abridged retelling of MoD's story. (source: I played through the import) It basically just skips from fight to fight and just has enough story to establish the context for them. The opening and ending scenes are nicely done, but everything in the middle is forgettable.

It's a little closer to the Senran Kagura games than Musou in style, and personally I liked it more than Fate/Extella. It's not an amazing game, but if your goal is to beat up a bunch of mooks as Kuon, you'll have a good time. (also, IMO the models and animations look better than Extellas, which is pretty sad when you consider you're comparing one company that is just barely too big to be a doujin circle to another company that has billions of dollars from their mobile game...)
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:10 am Reply with quote
This is up for pre-order on nis america's website.

I ended up pre-ordering this as well as "Prelude to the fallen".

Both appear to have a fairly impressive collectors edition for them.. price of entry IMO is higher then it should be, but I did it anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1