• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rating episodes yields automatic "Seen Some" listing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:21 am Reply with quote
Will answer later this evening when I have time, assuming that it hasn't already been answered by then.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
[...] 5 titles popped up with "There is a comment" and the notification that those comments would be lost if I removed the titles from the list. What kind of comment? By me?
No.
G.S. wrote:
By someone else?
No.
G.S. wrote:
I know I've commented on more than 5 of these series. "There is a comment" isn't a link, so I'm deadended on following it up. If it's talking about forum comments, is it saying they'll be deleted? Shocked
It's not, so it won't. When it comes to deleting posts in the forums (and the issue that you're bringing up only relates to your My Anime / My Manga lists), it is very difficult ─ if not impossible ─ for a non-moderator/non-administrator to actually delete a forum post. Please note that I'm not referring to editing a post; and editing can involve anything from fixing a typo to erasing everything in the post. But deleting a forum post means that only admins & mods can find any evidence that it ever existed in the first place. A non-admin/non-mod has a very limited ability to actually delete a forum post.

Now, as far as your comments in your My Anime / My Manga lists are concerned, please look below at a (cropped) screenshot of one of my public My Anime lists. The first two entries don't have any comments, but the last two do. Those are the comment fields that the notice you saw about deleting comments was referring to. I hope that I've alleviated your confusion. If not, then please do not hesitate to ask again.

Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:31 am Reply with quote
Your answer that the comments were not by me or by other people was kinda confusing, and I've never made the kind of comments in your example. But I went back to the Seen Some list page and realized that the comments were apparently another new thing, where comments like "rated episode 21" are auto-added, and that's what it referred to.

So no problem, I can just ignore that. Very Happy Thanks!
shivaa95

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:30 am Reply with quote
Hi, how can commnets be auto-added ? I don't get it, can you explain it to me please
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:04 am Reply with quote
#897307 wrote:
Hi, how can commnets be auto-added ? I don't get it, can you explain it to me please

Comments aren't auto-added. You need to add them yourself in My Anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2