Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:49 am Reply with quote
Despite all the static exposition needed to get us there, I'm glad we got over that speed bump quickly. I guess just the advisor remains to win over, though they could throw something new into the mix (noticed some new faces in the preview).

Her koto concert kinda reminded me of Piano no Mori, when Kai would go off on his own free interpretations and drive the purists crazy, even while they were moved to tears by it but spoiler[wouldn't pass him].
leongsh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9 is the starting point for Takezou's turnaround. The trigger of his younger brother, Takeru, dissing his friends in the koto club without having ever known them has riled him up to defend them. The positive reinforcement from the praise that his parents gave him got him thinking to speak up. This eventually led to him confronting Chika and letting him know why. Chika shared how much Takezou's support when he was wrongly accused meant to him. It's another positive reinforcement for Takezou to be more upfront. With Hiro as the vice president in support of him, the future episodes will bear this out.
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:54 am Reply with quote
I happened to have Tokyo MX 1 on when episode 11 was broadcast. It was magical hearing multiple koto playing together.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:58 pm Reply with quote

Really loved the editing in this episode, and the visual metaphor of standing up to go join the group.

While waiting for the review, for your listening pleasure, "Kuon", without the interruptions. Smile
Merida
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
All seems lost until an unlikely hero emerges: Kota!

That was definitely the best part of the episode! Very Happy

The injury thing was a bit too overdramatic for my taste, i fully expected Chika to faint after their performance (and he probably did off-screen...). But overall i really enjoyed this show, despite the lack of decent animation and music, the endearing characters made up for that. Looking forward to the second half!
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:46 am Reply with quote
Merida wrote:

The injury thing was a bit too overdramatic for my taste, i fully expected Chika to faint after their performance

Agreed. I don't feel it was really needed and felt too trope-y, but the excellent music in recent episodes still helps pull this half of the first season up. Looking forward to the next half. Hopefully there's less typical drama and more music =)
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:34 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Merida wrote:

The injury thing was a bit too overdramatic for my taste, i fully expected Chika to faint after their performance

Agreed. I don't feel it was really needed and felt too trope-y, but the excellent music in recent episodes still helps pull this half of the first season up. Looking forward to the next half. Hopefully there's less typical drama and more music =)

I will say this much. There will be music off and on similar to this first part. The last 3 or 4 episodes if the show ends where I'm suspecting will have a bunch of really good music though for your listening pleasure.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2