• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sony Details Next-Generation PlayStation Console

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chinatsu Yoshikawa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Fells like yesterday that I was just hearing about the PS4, it's specs and what i would be able to do. I recently got the system in 2016 & have few games for it but regardless it still feels new to me like Windows 7 does.

Update:
Well regardless of what Sony does with the Ps5 I don't care anymore. If they are going to force developers hands and censor games then I'm not buying their hardware regardless of what games it may have. Sony IS NOT NINTENDO they do not have great 1st party games like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, Fire Emblem etc.

I got a wii-u despite Nintendo's stance during that era because those games are still fun to play. I can only think of 3-5 games son has that worth playing. Aye.. sorry for going off on a tangent.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sony-cracks-down-on-sexually-explicit-content-in-games-11555427944

Exactly. I would normally have been hyped for the PS5, but due to their new censorship BS I will NOT support Sony anymore unless they reverse these pointless censorship rules. I already have a Nintendo Switch and Nintendo is on-board with not censoring any Japanese games they are releasing.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:22 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

If you're referring to something akin to the PSOne the reception of that system would better explain Sony's reluctant to do a similar system.

The big difference is that the Playstation 2 played 99% of original Playstation games perfectly, and new original Playstation consoles were still easy to come by for cheap, so the Playstation One wasn't really needed at the time.

The only console that was backwards compatible with Playstation 2 games was the first version of the Playstation 3 and those are well over a decade old now and the last Playstation 2's manufactured in December 2012 are over 6 years old so the time is ripe for some kind of backwards compatible device, be it the Playstation 5 or a separate Playstation retro box (with an optical drive).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3