• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: TV Tokyo Issues Formal Apology For Kemono Friends 2 Producer's 'Unprofessional Conduct'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Any other studio would be fighting tooth and nails to keep someone who can make CG anime a success, and several in a row at that. Kadokawa be like: nah... Smile
IL28283

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Any other studio would be fighting tooth and nails to keep someone who can make CG anime a success, and several in a row at that. Kadokawa be like: nah... Smile

And the reason why Kadokawa and TV Tokyo kicked Tatsuki is mysterious now.There are some interesting rumors from Japan,2ch and Twitter are like war zones now.In short someone in TV Tokyo framed Tatsuki for some complicated "adult reasons", the director didn't got fired for the 12.1 episode at all.
helo89520

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:37 pm Reply with quote
It seems like nobody is aware of the whole KF2 controversy(understandably, since it just came out for non-Japanese folk) so I'll just give a summary of how bad this is. This guy(Producer Nobuyuki Hosoya) is cancer, and the twitter controversy is just the tip of the iceberg. He allegedly tried to force the VAs to have sexual relations with him, and if it weren't for Producer Fukuhara being a paladin and protecting them he would've gotten to them. There's even some not-so-far-fetched rumors that he's connected to a KF2 sponsor company called Age Global networks, who themselves are connected to the Yakuza. The reason why this piece of shit hasn't got any repercussions is because he's riding the coat-tails of his parents, who are some big shots in the Japanese media industry. And don't get me started on the AGN controversy, because the whole thing is shady af.
Say what you will but in hindsight, Tatsuki was actually saved from the absolute shitshow that is the KFP.
Conclusion:
Hosoya is a piece of shit who deserves to be fired and arrested, and the whole KF2 matter should be investigated more thoroughly because it reeks of corruption. This is not just about a shitty sequel anymore.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2