Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Isekai Quartet


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nordhmmer



Joined: 11 Feb 2017
Posts: 703
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:04 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
^
Ugh, that's what I get for trying to do that from memory..


The joke being he's a badass looking ...tailor-hence his working at that store.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maximilianjenus



Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 1860
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:37 am Reply with quote
To be fair,the founding squadron has already looked at visha's (mostly) naked body; since in the snow training arc tanya had them strip down to their bottom underwear as part of the training (shown in the manga but maybe not in the anime ?).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maximilianjenus



Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 1860
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
He normally uses this to filch panties from female targets, so this is one of his more mundane abuses of power.


it's not that he uses them to steal panties per se, it's just that his luck stat is so high he will always stel the most effective thing, hence him stealing the dullahan's head or him stealing the flag; since the thing that gets stolen is picked at random.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Covnam



Joined: 31 May 2005
Posts: 1414
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:10 pm Reply with quote
So is Tanya really that powerful in that world? (that's the only one of the 4 I haven't watched). Ains said she was "tier 8", which I take to mean capable of using tier 8 spells, which iirc, while not at his power level (capable of using the max tier 10 (not to mention Super Tier)), still would put her far above most others in his world where people very rarely can use tier 6 magic.

Quote:
(Conspicuously, he was never shown in a swimsuit on the beach.)


It's easy to miss, but in the opening shots Mare is seen in a full body one piece swimsuit straight out of a turn of the (20th) century beach trip. An appropriately gender neutral looking suit.

Quote:
and stared down the monstrosities that Subaru has had to deal with in KONOSUBA,


Did you mean Re:Zero?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cam0



Joined: 13 Dec 2009
Posts: 3936
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
So is Tanya really that powerful in that world?


I don't remember her ever doing any magical powerups that send magical shockwaves around a large area. She was more like very talented at fighting and using magic, not impressing people with dragonball-esque powerups.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
meiam



Joined: 23 Jun 2013
Posts: 2442
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah that was a weird inclusion to have Tanya go super sayai, she's not even supposed to be able to use magic without the right gear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nordhmmer



Joined: 11 Feb 2017
Posts: 703
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:20 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Yeah that was a weird inclusion to have Tanya go super sayai, she's not even supposed to be able to use magic without the right gear.


No..she is-naturally-highly adapt at magic. The type 95 & type 97 orbs amplify and are amplified by her skills-with the type 95 requiring her prayers to operate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nordhmmer



Joined: 11 Feb 2017
Posts: 703
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Covnam wrote:
So is Tanya really that powerful in that world?


I don't remember her ever doing any magical powerups that send magical shockwaves around a large area. She was more like very talented at fighting and using magic, not impressing people with dragonball-esque powerups.



She's wearing her type 95 orb in this anime-notice it glowing brightly-and yes while wearing one of her orbs Tanya does often "powerup" in battle or while raging against the archangels & Being X.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
meiam



Joined: 23 Jun 2013
Posts: 2442
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
meiam wrote:
Yeah that was a weird inclusion to have Tanya go super sayai, she's not even supposed to be able to use magic without the right gear.


No..she is-naturally-highly adapt at magic. The type 95 & type 97 orbs amplify and are amplified by her skills-with the type 95 requiring her prayers to operate.


Wasn't she completely incapable of flying when the orb failed during the test?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tuor_of_Gondolin
Team GurrenTeam Gurren


Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 3313
Location: Bellevue, WA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:06 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Wasn't she completely incapable of flying when the orb failed during the test?

The orbs power the devices which they use to fly (among other things). When she was testing the new orbs and the orb blows up, it also destroys the device she was using to fly, which means she has to deploy a parachute in order not to die from the fall.

If you go back and watch Tanya, you'll see that the mages of each nation have a unique looking device they use in order to fly. The Norwegians, for example, have devices that look like snow skies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime
meiam



Joined: 23 Jun 2013
Posts: 2442
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:32 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
meiam wrote:
Wasn't she completely incapable of flying when the orb failed during the test?

The orbs power the devices which they use to fly (among other things). When she was testing the new orbs and the orb blows up, it also destroys the device she was using to fly, which means she has to deploy a parachute in order not to die from the fall.

If you go back and watch Tanya, you'll see that the mages of each nation have a unique looking device they use in order to fly. The Norwegians, for example, have devices that look like snow skies.


Right, so she has to use a device to fly (i.e. to use magic), I can't recall any instance where a mage used magic without some form of implement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maximilianjenus



Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 1860
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:16 am Reply with quote
I did not pay attention to the japanese,but the subtitles said "over level 8", so she might actually be stronger.

the world if tanya is a world where magic has been standarized and militarized, so she uses most of her magic power to fly; so her fights ae more like nanoha/touhou/dragon ball than your regular magic using isekai.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marakutanay



Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I hope that Funimation is smart and cast a LA actor for Vanir (and any other Konosuba character from the second season). They have been doing a good job so far, let's keep it that way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings



Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Posts: 595
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Re:Zero also offers at least two new students


Three actually. Felt can be seen sitting right next to Reinhard.

Quote:
Subaru goes overboard in defining his ridiculous power in game terms, but he's definitely one of the most powerful characters from his world, enough to probably go toe-to-toe with Ains or Tanya.


If anything Subaru underplayed just how incredible he is. To put things into perspective, it's considered a miracle to have even one divine protection. Felt, Ram, Crusch and Otto all have one.

Reinhard has at *least* 30, likely more. It's mentioned in Q&As that he's the only being to ever exist that could defeat the Witch of Envy, and it's only because of very specific circumstances that would make that battle a stalemate instead. Even compared to every other Sword Saint he's unrivaled.

Reinhard is like a parody of the overpowered isekai protagonist, and he stops just short of being a full-on joke character.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cam0



Joined: 13 Dec 2009
Posts: 3936
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I recently rewatched Re:Zero and I don't remember there being anything about Reinhard being as powerful as Subaru made him out to be. I don't even remember any mention of "divine protection" though I might have just missed it. So spoilers, I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group