• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sarazanmai Anime's Pitch Did Not Mention Butts

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:01 am Reply with quote
Such a superb troll! I wonder whether anybody else can pull it off.
wolf10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:48 am Reply with quote
Mizuki-Takashima wrote:
I think the only thing that bothers me about the show so far isn't so much the butthole imagery, but how the extraction is sorta rapey in and of itself and we see naked middle schoolers every episode.
Considering how the Japanese school system splits up grades, I think they'd be in high school elsewhere (if that helps Laughing ). A lot of seinen manga show middle school age characters (and sometimes younger) having actual graphic sex, so I'd say it's still pretty tame. Not to mention light novels tend to put even younger girls in outfits and situations far worse. And it's nothing compared to the Lyrical Nanoha movies, which show detailed nudity for elementary schoolgirls during their transformations.

It is pretty unusual for guys on their own to be the focus of that kind of thing, though, but middle-school me would probably have loved this show.
Jeff Bauersfeld

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:01 am Reply with quote
Mad props to Ikuhara for the sneak attack (and for being partially responsible for this headline existing).
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:28 am Reply with quote
That's amazing! Go Ikuhara!

I'm even more curious how (minot spoilers for ep 2, haven't seen ep 3 yet) spoiler[references to growing and selling an "herb" that looks suspiciously like marijuana] got passed censors.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2