• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Doraemon: Story of Seasons Game Gets English Release for Switch, PC in Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:15 pm Reply with quote
This is surprising to me that this would get a US release given how little presence Doraemon has with the US anime fandom. They had that Disney dub of the anime recently but I don't know it did that well in ratings and it still doesn't have a DVD release. But I'm glad to see Doraemon getting some Western media attention.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm amazed that Bandai decided to distribute a Doraemon game for the western market, specially since the show wasn't a success for Disney Anime hyper. I mean, the anime is somewhat popular in parts of Europe and Latin America, but to my knowledge no game was brought to those markets, although I think a Doraemon mobile phone game was released in Spain in 2007.
I just hope that the names from the Disney Anime hyper dub are used only in the English version, most other countries left the names intact.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
They had that Disney dub of the anime recently but I don't know it did that well in ratings and it still doesn't have a DVD release.

The ratings weren't too good. There's a Disney Ratings thread on ToonZone that has the ratings for season 2: https://animesuperhero.com/forums/threads/disney-ratings-thread.5459741/

I think the reason why the show lacks a DVD release here in the US is just due to lack of interest.

Quote:
But I'm glad to see Doraemon getting some Western media attention.

Same. Hopefully the US could get some more Doraemon-related stuff if this game sells well.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:51 pm Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:
Hopefully the US could get some more Doraemon-related stuff if this game sells well.

There's already plenty of merchandise based on the franchise sold at Epcot. I actually took a picture with Mickey Mouse holding a Doraemon plush.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1