• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Feature: Your Score

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Keeping track of every simulcast episode is a lot of data, every day of every week. So if we made a mistake please make sure to tell us with that "edit" link next to each episode. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Don't suppose there'll be a way to make this show up in the Encyclopedia as well? Like add the star rating next to each episode of the reviewed shows.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for doing this table; it is a great idea.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, it shows I rated Cinderella Nine at 1 star, but I haven't seen any episodes of it. If I accidentally clicked on that while reading the Preview Guide, there's apparently no way to undo such an error. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. Smile

Does this go back to the beginning of user ratings? I only went back the the last couple of weeks of last season. Is there a way to navigate to a specific week, other than "next" or "previous week"?

And this is a stupid question, but where does this live once the New Feature article gets buried? By the link it seems to be in the Encyclopedia, but I don't see how to get here from there.
HawkAussie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:39 am Reply with quote
I don't want to be that person in the room, but it almost sounds like the r/anime review system for that episode.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:39 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
And this is a stupid question, but where does this live once the New Feature article gets buried? By the link it seems to be in the Encyclopedia, but I don't see how to get here from there.

It's under New Anime

Will this feature only have full length anime, and only anime already airing on the West?
sven7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:42 am Reply with quote
What about shows like Carole & Tuesday?
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:52 am Reply with quote
keisuke7 wrote:

Since there is no legal way to watch that show (yet), shows like that will probably get left out from this feature.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:18 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

It's under New Anime

Ok, it is now. It wasn't there when I asked. Thanks!

I wonder why it's there instead of the Encyclopedia menu, since the link shows that path.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I wonder why it's there instead of the Encyclopedia menu, since the link shows that path.

"New Anime" is a special menu we created for stuff dealing with the current season, regardless of whether it's part of the encyclopedia, features, etc...
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Your Score is not showing up under New Anime on Mobile. Since I’m asking, is there a way for mobile users to have the option between using the recent overhaul to viewing this website on mobile and browsing it before the changes were implemented? My iPhone 6 is the only option I have available to me to view this website nowadays and the mobile version is missing a couple of features for me to use compared to accessing it on a computer.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
keisuke7 wrote:

Since there is no legal way to watch that show (yet), shows like that will probably get left out from this feature.

There is a legal way to watch it - watch on Japanese TV. It airs on FujiTV. Not a lot of people apply, but it still exists. Carole & Tuesday should be listed.

Also, Bungou Stray Dogs is listed twice, once as S2 and once as S3.
TexZero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Bungo Stray Dogs is listed twice for the same episode but wrong season.

One listing is 28 season 2 the other is 28 season 3.
SchrödingerNeko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:57 am Reply with quote
Neat'o!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
Your Score is not showing up under New Anime on Mobile. Since I’m asking, is there a way for mobile users to have the option between using the recent overhaul to viewing this website on mobile and browsing it before the changes were implemented? My iPhone 6 is the only option I have available to me to view this website nowadays and the mobile version is missing a couple of features for me to use compared to accessing it on a computer.

The mobile menu is slightly pared down. It's not exactly that you want to view the original menu, but you want to view a complete menu ? I'f we added the complete menu option to mobile, but using the current layout, would that work for you?

To view the non-mobile version of ANN on a mobile, you should be able to select "request desktop site," or something similar in your mobile browser.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3