• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Making a Streaming Chart alongside Anime Preview Guides

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horseradish

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Someone in the Anime forum asked about places that provide a list of where current anime are legally streaming. Since the Anime Preview Guides already individually list where each show is streaming on their respective review pages, could there be a master chart like this one? It is very easy to read and would be very helpful in my opinion.
poltroon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I would love it if the preview/review guide had more information available on the main page, ideally the services where the series is streaming, maybe a short summary, or a current star rating. I don't feel like I make good decisions about clicking through just based on the title and the art.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:20 am Reply with quote
This is definitely on the to-do list!
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:58 am Reply with quote
As a companion to such a list, it would be helpful if a list of all current legal publishers of English language anime and manga be provided. It should include a list of services provided, digital and/or hard copy for manga and streaming and/or home video for anime. A link to the company's home page would be helpful. This shouldn't be hard to maintain as the presence of a new company or the loss of an existing company is news.

Zac has commented on several occasions that often new fans can't tell the difference between the legal companies and the others. This would provide a reference for at least ANN readers.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:18 am Reply with quote
Until the chart can get done, I wouldn't mind helping with a stickied thread similar to the thread for discussion threads, listing at least the current season and where each show is streaming.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Until the chart can get done, I wouldn't mind helping with a stickied thread similar to the thread for discussion threads, listing at least the current season and where each show is streaming.

Go for it (July)! I'll sticky it.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Started it here, will update with more info once I get time. I also reported it asking for sticky.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1