• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Is Netflix's Ingress Worth Watching?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 pm Reply with quote
JRPictures wrote:

Quote:
In this short video, Yoffee talks about the direction he was asked to take when creating the new score for “Ingress: The Animation.”

“They said please don’t have action music,” Yoffee said. “Please don’t do what you would expect and try something very, very different.”

Mission very much not accomplished, sir. The original soundtrack wasn't anything to write home about but the little of it I heard still has eons more personality than anything in this version, bizarre indie band insert songs notwithstanding.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:22 am Reply with quote
I'll just say that I find Amazon's inventory much more compelling than Netflix's. Girls' Last Tour, Princess Principal, Made in Abyss, and now Dororo have all outshined what I've seen from Netflix.

Now if only Amazon could design a less clunky player. FF/Rew functions are awful.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:57 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I'll just say that I find Amazon's inventory much more compelling than Netflix's. Girls' Last Tour, Princess Principal, Made in Abyss, and now Dororo have all outshined what I've seen from Netflix.

Now if only Amazon could design a less clunky player. FF/Rew functions are awful.
Or even better sell them as psychical media, which would make sense financially as then they could have it as an Amazon exclusive.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:00 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Or even better sell them as psychical media

Yeah, that's what I want. Download it directly into my brain! Very Happy
dharlow

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:13 pm Reply with quote
It was an interesting watch. But then, I am a completists. Cool
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:37 am Reply with quote
Amazon is still licensing stuff? I thought they stopped after Anime Strike went belly up.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Amazon is still licensing stuff? I thought they stopped after Anime Strike went belly up.

They've all but stopped picking anything up. Including next season they're up to a total of 3 titles for the year (Dororo, Kemurikusa, and next season's Vinland Saga), 2 of which are part of Amazon Japan's deal with Twin Engine. Heck, 3 of the titles yuna49 mentioned aren't even licensed by Amazon - they're licensed by Sentai Filmworks and were just hosted on Prime Video until Sentai decided to shift all their simulcasts onto HiDive
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2