• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?' Anime Reveals Character Video, Ne

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flü

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Heard great things about the LightNovels, so maybe this can actually work out better then the title suggests.
Can't be worse than most other trashy Isekai.
Florete

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
Place your bets everyone! Will this turn out to be some Isekai trash on par to the likes of that one series about the smartphone or is this gonna be the next big hit?

Probably both.
nDroae

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:48 pm Reply with quote
If by "big hit" Sekaro means something like Slime or Shield Hero, received with high user ratings and widespread excessive praise, then no, it won't be that.

I'd be pleased if it got as much attention (and streaming revenue) in the west as Smartphone did, though I'm not expecting it. Look at MAL's numbers. https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2017/summer

Going to each show's page, and getting the number of users that completed each show:

In Another World With My Smartphone - 138,355
Owarimonogatari 2nd Season - 87,993
Welcome to the Ballroom - 74,835
Restaurant to Another World - 57,101
Princess Principal - 51,910

Of those the only other one I've seen is Princess Principal, and I plan to rewatch Smartphone before I watch any of the others.

An intelligent josei-targeted version of this show might be even more to my liking, considering how much I've loved some josei manga adaptations, but we all know how rare that kind of anime is. It's like asking santa for a pony.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:02 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Fingers crossed this turns out to be a funny parody and not a straight-up Oedipus complex isekai.

From what I have read about it, it is thankfully not a case of an Oedipus complex story.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
If it is like a bunch of anime and it's about fetish fulfillment
Judging by the merch for the show that is up for preorder:
Shocked Oh, jeez...

P.S. Yeah, I'll add my voice and say "don't dis my Smartphone". I just went back and rewatched on the weekend. Fun and fluffy...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2