• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Trinity Blood DVD 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:45 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...a mad scientist named Barrie has been experimenting on children (with names like Peter and Wendy), turning them into vampire fairies.

...Wasn't that already done in a Buffy the Vampire Slayer book?

Although I guess the entire show is about doing things that already have been done...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Eruanna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I dunno, I think the review is a bit too harsh. Theres no crime in not being one hundred percent original, sometimes the old cliches still work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote
But they don't work here. This show is a disjointed slop of ideas given a really paper-thin reason for co-existing. I mean we got robots, vampires, "Catholics" (and I use that term about as loosely as I use the term "vampires," given how many liberties this show takes with both concepts), steampunk sky navies, secret super powers, mafias, mad scientists, and very little of it clicks well together, much less all of it. Add the fact that Trinity Blood's approach to all of these ideas is horribly, horribly cliché, and you have a show that's just simply terrible. The show has trouble getting its basic premise to function (dragging the entire series down, as a result), and that premise doesn't even have redeeming luxury of being made of unique parts to compensate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Disjointed story makes it difficult to know or care what is going on.

I think that's the key reason I don't like this show. It just doesn't give me a reason to care, so I don't. It then becomes boring and I stop watching it back at episode three.
Eruanna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I see what your getting at, but... I geniuinly loved this show. Embarassed
But hey, each to his own. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1