• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My-Hime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Ashura Hime is such a great song. I love ALI Project, their songs are always hauntingly good.
Niceguy9418

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Iemander wrote:

The thing that really angered me however was the ending. Mai Hime has imo one of the worst endings ever, not just anime. spoiler[After doing such a great job at giving the series so much fire, they go completely cheese on us.]

I see what you mean, but I have to admit spoiler[I was pretty wiped out emotionally by then and I needed to end the way it did. If they stayed with the tragic downward spiral... That would have been too much. I couldn't have dealt with such a trajic ending. Call me wimp, but I wanted the happy ending!]
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Niceguy9418 wrote:

I see what you mean, but I have to admit spoiler[I was pretty wiped out emotionally by then and I needed to end the way it did. If they stayed with the tragic downward spiral... That would have been too much. I couldn't have dealt with such a trajic ending. Call me wimp, but I wanted the happy ending!]

So it is just as your name implies, eh Niceguy9418. Laughing Yeah I really did need a good ending at the end of all that but it didn't have to be a happy one I suppose.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Going back to an earlier topic, I'm sure some of you will be interested to know a tidbit I just picked up straight from a Bandai Entertainment rep:

Vol. 7 - both its regular and special edition - are scheduled to be out April 3rd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Going back to an earlier topic, I'm sure some of you will be interested to know a tidbit I just picked up straight from a Bandai Entertainment rep:

Vol. 7 - both its regular and special edition - are scheduled to be out April 3rd.

Well Good Grief! It's about time we got a release date on that. I was beginning to wonder when it was going to show up.

Key, did they mention the reason why it has taken so long for the final volume to come out?
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:06 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Man this is so late, I want to know how everything ends sooner than later Sad

I hope the special edition means a new collector's box, I hated the poor quality of the box that came with the first DVD and made me feel I got ripped.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:16 am Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:
I hope the special edition means a new collector's box, I hated the poor quality of the box that came with the first DVD and made me feel I got ripped.

Volume 7, from what I've heard, will come with another artbox. The release date is (finally) nice news to hear. Now, I just have to decide what to do with that piece of "cardboard" sitting on my shelves
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:24 am Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:
Raven Shinobi wrote:

Volume 7, from what I've heard, will come with another artbox. The release date is (finally) nice news to hear. Now, I just have to decide what to do with that piece of "cardboard" sitting on my shelves

If the anime gods are kind to us, Geneon will make the new artbox better than that flimsy piece of crap that they first issued. I was terrifed to set anything on top of that until I had 5 of the volumes inside. Holy Cow! Now I know why certain members were spazzing about the box when it first came out. I thought that they were just being silly but now I fully agree with them!
NGE1113

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:29 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne, Bandai was responsible for this whole fiasco (artboxes, DVD glitches, and all) Wink.

Now if they somehow do this to Haruhi... well, I don't want to imagine the fallout from that Twisted Evil.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:49 am Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:
LydiaDianne, Bandai was responsible for this whole fiasco (artboxes, DVD glitches, and all) Wink.

Now if they somehow do this to Haruhi... well, I don't want to imagine the fallout from that Twisted Evil.

Bandai is nowadays the second worst publisher after Viz and their packaging didn't improve like it did with Geneon recently, and speaking of glitches, it happened to me with the third DVD of Mai-HiME, in the last two episodes in particular. I thought at the begining that my copy was the only one with this problem, but I was quite surprised that many people sufferred from it as well.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:57 am Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:

Embarassed Oops! Embarassed **wailing** I get soo confused!

Well, if they do that to Haruhi, I still have the tar and feathers that I bought just in case Funimation didn't announce a release date for Tsubasa during their Kickoff event. Twisted Evil I'll loan it to you! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil **Bwa ha ha ha!!!**

Thanks for the correction NGE1113 (see I remembered the #s Wink )
NGE1113

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:22 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Well, if they do that to Haruhi, I still have the tar and feathers that I bought just in case Funimation didn't announce a release date for Tsubasa during their Kickoff event. Twisted Evil I'll loan it to you! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil **Bwa ha ha ha!!!**

Much appreciated, but I really hope that I won't have to use it. They wouldn't like it if I was angry Twisted Evil. \end somewhat shamless movie quoting
LydiaDianne wrote:
(see I remembered the #s Wink )

Thank you.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:

I feel the same way, that flimsy as all hell box has to be getting made fun of by the other sweet and beautiful series boxes on my shelf, it probably wants to be put down by now Wink
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:22 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Key, did they mention the reason why it has taken so long for the final volume to come out?

They didn't elaborate. Given what people have said here, though, I have to wonder if they received a lot of complaints about the original box and delayed the last volume while getting a new one made. (There was no elaboration on what "special edition" meant, either.)

Personally, I'm perturbed by the extra month of delay regardless of the reason. While volume 6 doesn't exactly end on a cliffhanger, there's no other title whose next volume I'm even close to anticipating as much as this one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
slow_moe_504

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Thanks alot, thats all I needed to know but why so late?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6