• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My-Hime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quote
It's nice to finally have a release date even if there is a long delay with no reason given (though I think its safe to say that the artbox is the cause or perhaps some extra that comes with it is the cause).
slow_moe_504

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
It's nice to finally have a release date even if there is a long delay with no reason given (though I think its safe to say that the artbox is the cause or perhaps some extra that comes with it is the cause).
Very Happy If we are waiting on an artbox. I hope it's worth the wait. Very Happy
EVA fiend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Vol. 7 - both its regular and special edition - are scheduled to be out April 3rd.

Shocked A two month wait for the last three episodes.., I don't know if I can wait that long. Anime hyper

I have just ploughed through episodes 17-23, & man, have they ramped up the angst or what; I loved every minute of the second arc, spoiler[HiME's being defeated & the loss of their most 'precious ones', the appearence of the Obsidian Prince], but the bit that made my jaw drop was spoiler[ when it was implied that Shizuru had raped Natsuki when she was unconcious in the tea house]. Some good character melodrama, all I need now i the final three episodes. Anime hyper *starts biting back of chair*
Oh, I'm now a devoted ShizNat worshiper; even though I have't seen the end yet, I've read enough Shizuru & Natsuki fanfiction over the past couple of years to make me adore them as a couple. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:
Key, did they mention the reason why it has taken so long for the final volume to come out?

They didn't elaborate. Given what people have said here, though, I have to wonder if they received a lot of complaints about the original box and delayed the last volume while getting a new one made. (There was no elaboration on what "special edition" meant, either.)

Personally, I'm perturbed by the extra month of delay regardless of the reason. While volume 6 doesn't exactly end on a cliffhanger, there's no other title whose next volume I'm even close to anticipating as much as this one.
Judging by the AoD forums, it's a good bet that they received quite a few complaints. From what "Lord Richard" said at AnimeIowa, the initial box was intended as a disposable box merely intended to hold the T-Shirt. I don't think they would've done the Vol. 7 + Box at all if not for fan reaction. Here's hoping they've learned their lesson when Mai-Otome comes around.
S0litaire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I agree with the reason being complaints. I sent a complaint about a month or two ago myself and got a reply saying that they were indeed going to release another art box this year. I really hope that this time Bandai is provided with new art for the second box. I'd be disappointed if it was just a generic design again.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote
An update on the artbox from AoD. Included in the review template for the SE vol. 7 artbox is a pic of the artbox; just passing it on. First impressions though: much improved over the, um, offering provided with the first volume. Thank you, Bandai, amends have been made.
slow_moe_504

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:
An update on the artbox from AoD. Included in the review template for the SE vol. 7 artbox is a pic of the artbox; just passing it on. First impressions though: much improved over the, um, offering provided with the first volume. Thank you, Bandai, amends have been made.

That artbox is better then the first one. I looks like it's worth the wait.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:

I quite agree...at least based on the picture.

Thanks NGE1113 for posting it.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Though I would've preferred it if they just speeded up their release of the last volume, this artbox is indeed an improvement.

I hope you learned your lesson Bandai and won't treat us again with poor quality artboxes or DVDs infested with bugs when you liscence Mai-Otome -which I hope the announcement will immediately follow the release of volume 7.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:
I hope you learned your lesson Bandai and won't treat us again with poor quality artboxes or DVDs infested with bugs when you liscence Mai-Otome -which I hope the announcement will immediately follow the release of volume 7.

Actually, Bandai has already announced its licensing of My-Otome (another round of questionable title spelling). First volume's out in June.
EVA fiend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:43 am Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:
An update on the artbox from AoD. Included in the review template for the SE vol. 7 artbox is a pic of the artbox

That art box looks very nice indeed. Makes me kinda glad now that I didn't stick with Beez's UK R2 release of My-HiME after volume 4 (& the box will also hide the fact that I have the series in two different region codes). Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

NGE1113 wrote:
Actually, Bandai has already announced its licensing of My-Otome (another round of questionable title spelling). First volume's out in June.

Awesome, My-Otome has finally been licenced. Can't wait to get my fix of more ShizNat goodness, yay!! Anime hyper
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quote
EVA fiend wrote:

Awesome, My-Otome has finally been licenced. Can't wait to get my fix of more ShizNat goodness, yay!! Anime hyper

I was hoping for some Nao - Natsuki goodness, dammit! Twisted Evil

But yeah, that art box looks pretty sweet, can't wait for it. Well, I can't wait for vol 7 ingeneral, but it will get here, I'll just have to entertain myself with the other sets I'm currently collecting until then.
gary leeman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see the box. Meets my approval.

Also, good news on the My-Otome. Inevitable, yes, but glad it's been officially announced.
ishmael

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow, April 3rd seems so far away. Like someone said, vol 6 does not end in a cliffhanger, still I wanna see the end.

Glad for Mai-Otome too. I'll check this one for sure.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quote
ishmael wrote:
Wow, April 3rd seems so far away. Like someone said, vol 6 does not end in a cliffhanger, still I wanna see the end.

The ending of volume 6 was ckiffhanger-y for me; I mean spoiler[Shizuru went crazy and I still want to find out about Nao's past -I used to think back when watching volume 5 that she was just a shallow, selfish character that would be the one to vanish if her child got defeated -my theory back then was that she only loved and cared for herself, but it seems there's more to her than meets the eye according to Shizuru's vague words.]

This is currently the only series besides the Death Note manga that I want the next volume bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6