• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Negima Film to Tell 'Ver. B' Finale, Bundle Manga #0

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote
alonsorules8 wrote:
No he can't let it end Akamatsu stated that he was doing another 300 chapters for Negima back in December 2010.
He never stated that. He only said that it is possible that the manga will have over 400 chapters, but over 500 would be unlikely.

ximpalullaorg wrote:
Glad to see his abysmal writing skills haven't improved since Love Hina then. A lot of material is pure filler.
Based on this I certainly don't know what is your definition of filler.
J3N0V4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
They can do whatever they want know I don't care. They more or less just said, "We are not doing to Negi vs Rakan fight at all too bad suckers"
Now I just don't care......
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote
J3N0V4 wrote:
They can do whatever they want know I don't care. They more or less just said, "We are not doing to Negi vs Rakan fight at all too bad suckers"
Now I just don't care......

I'm kinda on the same boat. When they first said they were making a movie I thought "Oh because the OVAs ended after Negi's training the next thing to cover is the arena fights" Which is the best thing to try and do because after the whole arena / Jack fight + the down time chapters before the ball starts. Is perfect for a movie, you get action and you cover a big part of the plot for the arc.

Nope, then everyone one thought "of it's the final thing and it shows Negi using ME and Asuna in the dress she's currently wearing in the manga" which a lot of people were ok with as it's better then nothing and ya things could be skipped ect ect.

At this point stop teasing fans with OVAs and bits of things animated. Make a new t.v series or just stop trying to make anime for Negima all together. Because currently it seems like the way the OVAs ended and the fact the movie is not covering stuff people wanted is just making people not want to watch things.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty shocked that they didn't just turn Negima into an overly-long shonen series. I mean, in addition to the initial premise (hundreds of school clubs and events!) there are times when even Akamatsu himself is setting up points to say "Studio, insert filler here"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2