• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord' Anime Reveals July 4 Premiere, Ending

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theilikepie

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:42 am Reply with quote
Look at how they massacred my boy
Norm the genius

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:58 am Reply with quote
I do not understand why the Japanese have such a mania to ruin "premises about family" with forced incest, Oreimo and usagi drop were totally different animes, but they had the same goal, the isekai of the mother will surely also go for that approach. For these things is that sometimes I wonder, why I'm still watching anime? Confused
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Norm the genius wrote:
I do not understand why the Japanese have such a mania to ruin "premises about family" with forced incest, Oreimo and usagi drop were totally different animes, but they had the same goal, the isekai of the mother will surely also go for that approach. For these things is that sometimes I wonder, why I'm still watching anime? Confused

Norm, you are referring to two anime shows out of the thousands that are made every decade so the Usagi Drop story is very unusual. I think that on average the shows made in Hollywood have far more questionable morality than the average anime show. As for the upcoming anime of "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks" it is mostly a comedy and in the second light novel spoiler[the protagonist falls in love with a priestess who has some anger management issues.]
Norm the genius

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:18 am Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
Norm the genius wrote:

Norm, you are referring to two anime shows out of the thousands that are made every decade so the Usagi Drop story is very unusual. I think that on average the shows made in Hollywood have far more questionable morality than the average anime show. As for the upcoming anime of "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks" it is mostly a comedy and in the second light novel spoiler[the protagonist falls in love with a priestess who has some anger management issues.]

Why? you do not see hollywood movies praising incest like the anime does because maybe you forget the great number of light novels about little sisters, copy of oreimo/eromanga that premiered every so often.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Norm the genius wrote:
Why? you do not see hollywood movies praising incest like the anime does because maybe you forget the great number of light novels about little sisters, copy of oreimo/eromanga that premiered every so often.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Compare anime movies to hollywood movies instead, that'll be apples to apples or oranges to oranges...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1