• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex of America Reveals Cells at Work! Anime's English Dub Cast, BD Release (Update)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
It seems even more Texas actors are jumping ship to LA. Jeannie Tirado recently did it, and now Morgan Berry seems to be doing the same.

Morgan Berry has been back and forth for a little while now.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I think it's great that this show gets a dub. From what I've heard about it,it's really good and it deserves one. I also hope the platelets come out well in English. They really deserve cute English voices to go along with their appearance. I'd love to see that,wouldn't the rest of you?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:04 am Reply with quote
MarkyMarc413 wrote:
I was excited to see that ALL 13 episodes would be available in ONE box set, but then I saw the price! Sad

At $140 total, that's just over $10 an episode, and I can't really justify that at release time because Funimation just updated their pre-rorders page with their August slate and it includes Free! Dive To The Future LE and Attack On Titan S3 LE, and both of those are gonna run me about $130 together (which is a far better deal for 2 show's 12-13 episodes rather than one).

Guess Cells At Work will be on my wishlist for a long time, or until I win the lottery. Either way, great cast, and the dub of the OP is pretty catchy! The video is hilarious, I love watching Robbie Daymond get all goofy for the camera!

And speaking of Billy Kametz, where the heck is that Osomatsu-san English Dub?! I actually asked Ray Chase (Karamatsu) about the dub at Katsucon earlier this past February and he said they had dubbed up to episode 8 or 9 and were likely doing both seasons, so they were about 20% done at that point, but it's been 3 months since Katsucon, so I would hope they are nearly done by now. Maybe they'll announce the home video release at AX this year...

-Marc.

Likewise, when is that Eng. re-dub of "Gundam Seed" going to be released? They might say 2019 but they should specify when seeing as we are nearly 1/2 done with 2019.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for guaranteeing I'll never buy the show.
idkAlan

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:04 am Reply with quote
I'll wait for RightStuf to have it included in it's "Black Friday to Christmas" sale, because usually that's when RS drops the price on Aniplex USA stuff to almost half off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2