• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - How Much Control Do Manga Artists Have Over Hollywood Adaptations?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:56 pm Reply with quote
ReifuTD wrote:

I think it's just Hollywood being greedy, as Japanese companies work with Hollywood they are catching in to their tricks, look at Godzilla 98 and look at Godzilla now,

Not much to see other than all three American made Godzilla movies being divisive for a myriad of reasons.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:44 am Reply with quote
Has it really been 10 years since Dragonball: Evolution

Time flies
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:01 am Reply with quote
ReifuTD wrote:
That's a thing anime live action adaptions do I hate, Attack and Titan and Fullmetal Alchemist are set in European fantasies. Those should have international or Hollywood production so they could cast the right actors in the right races.

Bleach movie bugged me the same way, I'm pretty sure it was stated at some point that Ichigo's mother was white witch is why Ichigo has natural blond hair. But in the live action movie She's Japanese with dark hair witch actually leads to be few other things that bugs me. For example was treated bad by people and bullied because of his natural blond hair because blond people are seen as punks in Japan he had to grow up as a strong tough guy. But in the Live Action movie Ichigo dyes his hair meaning his hair color is a life choice not something that's part of him. Also if Ichigo is allowed to dye his hair at school why can't Orihime have blond brown hair? I would have been find with her having black hair other wise.

AoT is 1 of those films that definitely deserves the Hollywood treatment. Heck, the Colossal Titan alone getting a proper movie version might be more with a Hollywoood movie studio's budget.

(Edited to remove some overquoting. --Crisha)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3