• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
An odd Firefox compatability issue?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Images do not show up on the front page and links on the blue bar at the top of page, the marque is blank, and the links below that to change articles and layout do nothing.

Updating to the latest version and deleting cookies/history does nothing to solve it. This happened almost immediately after Windows Defender detected a Trojan virus and got rid of it a few days ago.

This appears to be the only website like this others are normal. Everything works as it should in other browsers like Edge.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the slow reply. This should be okay now. Please let me know if the problem persists.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:37 pm Reply with quote
I deleted all my cookies and history from Firefox again and just tried to load the page. It still looks like this to me:

and the links on blue bar and the line of links below it still don't work. In order to log back in I had to click on one of the headlines, go to a talkback topic, and try to post something in order to get an accessible log in screen.

and for contrast, this is how it displays to me in Edge where it's fully functional:
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:54 am Reply with quote
If the menu doesn't work and the images don't load, that means all javascript on the page is broken. Maybe a network error corrupted the main ANN js file. Things you can try:
- History > Clear Recent History > check "cache" only, and "Clear Now"
- reload the page using Shift+Ctrl+R
- go to cdn.animenewsnetwork.com/assets/d9a5611df7909400a345f05ec5008967260490c8.js and reload with Shift+Ctrl+R
- open the home page in "new private window"
- Help > Restart with Add-ons disabled
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Okay, issue solved. I appreciate all the help.

It was achieved through a complete uninstall and deletion of everything related to Mozilla then reinstalling it (instead of just upgrading it which didn't work).
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1