• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Moé Anthropomorphism

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I have to say, some of those pictures people linked to just grossed me out. Why are there so many panties and sexual poses? That just makes me angry. I'm sick of this sexualization, and I'm putting a stop to it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:53 pm Reply with quote
**laughs and applauds loudly**

Bravo, Cloe, BRAVO!
omar235

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I freaking love it Cloe I truely love it Laughing If there is a contast for this you are right up there with Jadress. Wink
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quote
Although I like Jad's Flaming Hammer of Vitriol, Cloe's anti-sexualized ANN-tan is awesome. I definitely picture ANN-tan as the kind of character who would say "get your mind out of the gutter, you freakin' pedo!" Also, it's subtle but the dress is a nice reflection of the current layout: light blue at top & sides + dark blue at bottom. Nice attention to details while still being abstract enough to look like a normal dress.

PantsGoblin wrote:
(assume you meant kawaii, as kawai actually means "scary")

Actually kowai means scary. Kawai is a family name.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
d.yaro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quote
Great work Cloe! Though I suspect that sort of assertiveness will register very low on the "moé meter". Nonetheless... Love it.

Okay... "Groaner" alert... Yeah, the Devil made me do it: spoiler[Should I assume her wardrobe would consist of "locked threads"? SORRY!!! ]
drakonslair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quote
Hehe thats great Cloe. Kinda reminds me of Hagu from H&C
Lapis Lazuli Lolita

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:50 am Reply with quote
thread voted 5
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:53 am Reply with quote
I was just going to stay out of this and report these posts, but screw it. I don't f*cking care if the entire 4chan /a/ userbase ridicules me for this, but the source of that image is http://zip.4chan.org/a/res/1744770.html . I'm watching the thread unfold, but I haven't posted anything in it (yet).

You know, I honestly thought that thread was pretty humorous at first, but this just disgusts me. If you don't like ANN you don't have to post here.
Lapis Lazuli Lolita

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:59 am Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
I was just going to stay out of this and report these posts, but screw it. I don't f*cking care if the entire 4chan /a/ userbase ridicules me for this, but the source of that image is http://zip.4chan.org/a/res/1744770.html . I'm watching the thread unfold, but I haven't posted anything in it (yet).

You know, I honestly thought that thread was pretty humorous at first, but this just disgusts me. If you don't like ANN you don't have to post here.

I don't see what the big deal is. They parodied the picture. Is the pseudo-sexualization of "ANN-tan" really so offensive and disgusting? Because I think it's hilarious.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:00 am Reply with quote

If that is the quality of people that participate on that forum...I'm staying far, far away. No wonder Tony K. and Nagisa stay strict on spelling and grammar, etc.! I would too, if what I saw is the standard poster on that forum!

Last edited by LydiaDianne on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Kilgamayan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:00 am Reply with quote
If you don't like ANN you don't have to post here.

You seem to forget you're talking about 4chan here.
Kilgamayan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:02 am Reply with quote
EDIT: Damnit, double post. Where's the delete function?

LydiaDianne wrote:

If that is the quality of people that participate on that forum...I'm staying far, far away. No wonder Tony K. and Nagisa stay strick on spelling and grammar, etc.! I would too, if what I saw is the standard poster on that forum!

To each their own. ANN is better for straight discussion, /a/ is funnier.

Last edited by Kilgamayan on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Lapis Lazuli Lolita

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:02 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
stay strick on spelling and grammar

Yeah, good luck with that.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:03 am Reply with quote
Lapis Lazuli Lolita wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:
stay strick on spelling and grammar

Yeah, good luck with that.

Embarassed Rolling Eyes already corrected!
Lapis Lazuli Lolita

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:05 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Embarassed Rolling Eyes already corrected!

rofl

One thing, though. 4chan users can be rather intelligent and are quite capable of posting with proper punctuation and grammar. They simply don't have to, and no one really cares, because god forbid someone doesn't use a period or whatever. Ever talk to a friend on AIM who doesn't use capital letters and punctuation? It's fine. This is really no different.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8