• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season to Premiere in Fall 2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
I hope that the final season gets a manga accurate ending which should be possible with two cours. It is a little interesting though for them to announce the final season when the manga is still being published.

Well, consider that we are in the final arc of the manga as well. Personally, I think we only have about 2-3 volumes of content left and that's the end
dark_bozu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I bet on 2-cour season that would cover the rest of the manga, considering that anime got a 15 monthes delay and bigger preproduction schedule usually means that there's a lot of episodes (I guess it means that AoT manga would end soon).
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Welp, it's almost July and we have to wait final season AoT in 15 months(Fall Anime season is always October duh).
Kirki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:48 pm Reply with quote
These are some really good news! I thought that there was a serious possibility that the final part of the story wouldn't get an anime adaptation, with all those rumors circulating and all, but I'm very happy that wasn't the case!
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:58 pm Reply with quote
No worries, if they do end the anime before the manga and we get two different endings, they can just "Game of Thrones" it and everybody's happy.
Custom Apex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:02 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Welp, it's almost July and we have to wait final season AoT in 15 months(Fall Anime season is always October duh).

How do you know it is going to be 15 months?
Chaotic-Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Custom Apex wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

How do you know it is going to be 15 months?

As is said in that post, the Fall broadcast season is October. Since it's confirmed to be airing in Fall 2020, that's a 15 month wait.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I’ve been holding off on watching this series for a while after watching just half of the first season due to me wanting to binge it all before the final season airs. Looks like I have my deadline now.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:48 pm Reply with quote
So sad to see it end so soon.

I just hope this doesn't mean AoT will fade into obscurity like a lot of the anime that I love. It is just too good.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I came across an unmarked spoiler about a particular character death and it immediately turned me off the series completely.... part who it was, part how it happened and part "What?"... so, yeah, I'm thinking this show's going to fall HARD. Because in a world of giant man eating zombies, you know what the real monster is?

spoiler[Serialization]
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:15 pm Reply with quote
This is good news, but has it been officially confirmed that Wit Studio is pulling out? I can’t imagine the quality will hold up if it becomes another studio’s B project. That would be a shame.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
I came across an unmarked spoiler about a particular character death and it immediately turned me off the series completely.... part who it was, part how it happened and part "What?"... so, yeah, I'm thinking this show's going to fall HARD. Because in a world of giant man eating zombies, you know what the real monster is?

spoiler[Serialization]

....... I really don’t understand the point you are trying to make
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

spoiler[Serialization]

As an actual manga reader I’m glad to reply that the manga is in great form and has not seen any such dip in quality.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:11 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
I came across an unmarked spoiler about a particular character death and it immediately turned me off the series completely.... part who it was, part how it happened and part "What?"... so, yeah, I'm thinking this show's going to fall HARD.

A good 90% of the complaints I've heard about the current arc's writing quality have come from people who follow the story through "hastily translated in the 30 minutes since the chapter came out in Japan" Reddit threads rather than official translations, so maybe don't immediately believe spoiler posts that tell you that a character death wasn't well written. Personally, I have felt that every arc (and generally, every chapter) since the end of the material covered by Season 3 has been better than the last.
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:45 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

spoiler[Serialization]
Many manga readers quote the next arc and current being better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3