• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season to Premiere in Fall 2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:05 am Reply with quote
Rumours say that WIT is out, the 2020 date helps the rumour; rumours also say that araki is still in. now it's just a matter of who else will be onboard, I mean, the new studio (rumoured to be production IG) and maybe araki can bring a few wit animators there.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:33 am Reply with quote
^I.G would make sense considering they also worked on Junior High.

If Araki is in then yeah, I can see some of those guys brought in if not already busy with another series at WIT.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:55 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
Rumours say that WIT is out, the 2020 date helps the rumour; rumours also say that araki is still in. now it's just a matter of who else will be onboard, I mean, the new studio (rumoured to be production IG) and maybe araki can bring a few wit animators there.

That would be really good if Araki is indeed still in and can maybe do that even if WIT is really done even though there's now just one season left. It'd be cool if they just stuck with it and finished it off now that we know there's only one more left, but this would certainly help as it'd be really good at least having Araki still there to guide production for the finale since he's been overseeing the show since the beginning. And yeah, maybe he can pull in some animators for some key scene work due to the relation of the studios and his connection to them.
Plus I.G is top tier at least.

Edit: Oh yeah, that's true, they captured some of the extra style touches that makes AoT feel like AoT quite well even in the SD style for Junior High, taking into account the different tone of course lol.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:01 am Reply with quote
Well, we better be getting another 26+ epi. to warrant waiting that long.
Chaotic-Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:55 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Well, we better be getting another 26+ epi. to warrant waiting that long.

Yes, 15 months is a long wait for a season. Season 1-2 had a 4 year wait, but just over a year, that's far too long to wait. It's likely it will be a 2 cour, with it being the final season. There's a bit too much content to adapt in a 1 cour.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing 2 cour as well. There will be a lot to cover.

I also wonder if they'll do a similar approach as season 1 where they'll order things more chronologically rather than a lot of jumping back and forth from past to present as in the manga. Depending on how they want to lead into the first episode, either starting off slow but intriguing or with a major bang... it'll be interesting.

I'm guessing the manga will still not have concluded by the time the season airs, but rather it's likely that the final chapter will release sometime before the final episode airs. So they'll likely coincide in ending close together. Isayama apparently already has the boards done for the finale. So they are likely working off those for the final episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3