• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Anime of Summer 2019

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
gacha wrote:
With not a single person mentioning Cop Craft, everyone can rest assured that ANN's team is still the same as ever.

Instead of taking a swipe at the staff for having different tastes from yours, why not tell us why you think Cop Craft is worth mentioning and why you're looking forward to it? I don't know anything about it really, so here's your chance to sell people on it!
I'm not that guy but i'll say this: Cop Craft has the same writer as Full metal Panic! and Amagi Brilliant Park and i really enjoyed both of them so i'm looking forward for this one too. Also, character designs by Range Murata!
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:34 pm Reply with quote
thank you, that sold it to me.
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:07 pm Reply with quote
What's happening with Netflix shows? As far as I can tell, 7Seeds is in simultaneous worldwide release. Aggretsuko 2 sadly got little coverage here that I can recall. I understand that when shows like Little Witch Academia were not covered on a weekly basis because of Netflix's tendency to package whole cours for binge viewing. 7Seeds doesn't seem to follow that pattern, nor did Aggretsuko 2, as far as I can tell.

I was hoping to read comments from other 7Seeds viewers because I stopped watching after episode three and want to know whether it gets any better.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:41 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
What's happening with Netflix shows? As far as I can tell, 7Seeds is in simultaneous worldwide release. Aggretsuko 2 sadly got little coverage here that I can recall. I understand that when shows like Little Witch Academia were not covered on a weekly basis because of Netflix's tendency to package whole cours for binge viewing. 7Seeds doesn't seem to follow that pattern, nor did Aggretsuko 2, as far as I can tell.

I was hoping to read comments from other 7Seeds viewers because I stopped watching after episode three and want to know whether it gets any better.

It's technically not part of the Summer season, so it won't be mentioned here or in the PG. You will see a full review of it at some point (I just submitted one this morning, in fact), and I expect that This Week in Anime will cover it as well.

But to answer your immediate question, it gets a bit better after episode 3 but the problems you had with the first three episodes never fully go away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:12 pm Reply with quote
There are three categories of things I'll watch: things-I-read-the-source-material-of being Accelerator (which I really hope improves on the source) and DanMachi which I really hope isn't as terrible as the volume 5 adaptation. Stuff-that-sounded-interesting-when-I-read-the-synopsis has Dumbbell, and For My Daughter in there, both looking to be absolutely mediocre or maybe even bad productions, but I'm hoping my optimism will turn them charming, O Maidens fits in here as well but looks to be more polished. Stuff-that-had-cool-PVs finish it up with Fire Force and Vinland Saga, which I'm hoping don't pull a Kimetsu no Yaiba on me. I'm also legally obligated to watch El-Melloi as it's related to Fate else my curse triggers, but I'm very much expecting to not like it.

Between all of that I'm really looking forward to Mix as long as they don't screw up the new OP, because sumika's was great.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:38 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
which I'm hoping don't pull a Kimetsu no Yaiba on me.

Wait, what happened with that one? I dropped it after a few episodes, but probably not for the same reason.

Think the only one I'm specifically looking forward to is O Maidens Etc. because Mari Okada. And I guess Danmachi. Seems like there's a barrage of big-name things (Dr. Stone, Astra, Sacred Beasts, Vinland, probably others) coming out, but that type of thing is very hit-or-miss for me, so don't want to get my hopes up.

Used to like Symphogear, but season 3 was disappointing and season 4 didn't seem good enough to do the extra work required to actually watch it, so I'm way behind. Mom Isekai is almost certainly going to go the route that none of us want it to, so not getting anywhere near that for the time being.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 pm Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
Wait, what happened with that one? I dropped it after a few episodes, but probably not for the same reason.

Nothing in particular, I just didn't like it.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:32 pm Reply with quote
My top priority is Symphogear, which thank you Crunchyroll for obtaining the streaming rights. I was so desperate to watch AXZ that I would watch raws while waiting for the fansubs to come out. I ended up with a pretty long list of summer shows that I might end up reducing as the season progresses. I ended up with the about 18 normal length shows, 4 short shows and two returning shows (Fruits Basket and Demon Slayer). It looks like its going to be a great season.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:04 pm Reply with quote
The ones I am anticipating is Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou and Vinland Saga.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:35 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
. . .and DanMachi which I really hope isn't as terrible as the volume 5 adaptation.

Wait, what? In what way was the adaptation of volume 5 in the slightest bad? Very little of it was skipped over, the dramatic presentation was great, and the final battle epic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Dark Mac wrote:
Are we not getting a best and worst of Spring article?

Come to think of it, there haven't been any weekly rankings for Spring either. Did ANN decide to cancel that feature?

I'm notice there are no weekly rankings for Spring this year on ANN? I'm wondering why?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:51 pm Reply with quote
^ According to Dan at the end of May:

"The Weekly Rankings are coming back. This week I hope. It's just that this new method of recording votes is playing havoc with the ranking methodology and I have to revise several elements. Once I have this figured out we'll be able to run the rankings even more regularly."

I assume he ran into more problems than anticipated, or had other things take priority.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if he dealt with Isekai Quartet getting spammed down.

Anyways I'm excited for Case Files, Danmachi, Arifureta, and Astra.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:11 am Reply with quote
I'm probably looking forward to Danmachi S2 the most (check out the mobile game if you're a fan and you haven't btw, there's an "episode 0" going on now for the 2nd year anniversary. So far, Part 1 (of 2) is up and it was great. Fully voiced too).

I'm also looking forward to Astra, Fire Force, Maidens, Vinland and 2-hit. There are a few others I have an eye on, but those are probably the top choices to watch weekly this season.

I'll probably check out Dr. Stone, but since I'm up to date on the manga, I probably won't watch it till I can just binge a bunch of it when I'm in the mood to.

I should really check out Symphogear one of these days...
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:46 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Wait, what? In what way was the adaptation of volume 5 in the slightest bad? Very little of it was skipped over, the dramatic presentation was great, and the final battle epic.

I'm going to copy paste my opinions on it three years ago, when I first watched it

"[...] The ONE novel they decide to take their time on, it's decided to instead spend all that extra time on the shitty fanservice and MC blowjobbing instead of, you know, actually explain why the fudge Welf doesn't like making magic weapons (he has a reason!), or making the last fight more exciting (I thought it was kinda bullshit when reading the novel too, tbh)."

I also felt they kinda ruined the invisible fight, and fights were the one thing they were doing extraordinarily well before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4