• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Summer 2019 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenthehen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:00 pm Reply with quote
aaa1e2r3 wrote:
Anyone else getting a deadlink to the Are You Lost Preview?

Yep - this website's always such a mess Rolling Eyes
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Apart from the fact that most of the Incarnates started waving death flags the minute we meet them (“This is my wonderful daughter!” “I love your daughter!” “I'm going ask Elaine to marry me!”)

Yeah, that made me Rolling Eyes so hard...and hardly ever has war looked so fun as in those flashbacks. Cain Madhouse is an awesome name, though. But that's not enough for me to continue watching, i'm afraid.
Gan_HOPE326

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:14 pm Reply with quote
aaa1e2r3 wrote:

Nah, me too. And in fact I wondered if the problem is that they made "are-you-lost" their original "page not found" URL on this site and now it's conflicting... because if that's the case, it's hilarious Laughing .
Scalfin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Gan_HOPE326 wrote:
aaa1e2r3 wrote:

Nah, me too. And in fact I wondered if the problem is that they made "are-you-lost" their original "page not found" URL on this site and now it's conflicting... because if that's the case, it's hilarious Laughing .

I was just coming here to riff on "Are You Lost?" being lost.
Gray Lensman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:51 pm Reply with quote
aaa1e2r3 wrote:

Sure am.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Gan_HOPE326 wrote:
aaa1e2r3 wrote:

In this case, we are lucky that this season there will not be any shows about radiation or fires, because, by the same analogy, we could burn and died... wait.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Link's fixed, sorry about that.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
At twelve minutes a pop, Are You Lost? already feels like it's three times longer than it needs to be. Folks who are eager for a silly and sultry comedy that can kill a few minutes might get something out of this, but this is one island vacation I'm happy to take a raincheck on.

Hm I understand what the reviewer wants to say, but personally I think that such a format is a rather interesting idea for light ecchi shows. I mean, it allows us to get more adaptations while minimizing the cost and effort to create them. Especially for ecchi or SoL works like Manaria Friends or Senryu Girl, which may seem to someone too simple or too slow even in this format. So, if you have a small budget, a simple idea, or both, why not? The main thing is that it should be done with love and professionalism, I think.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:43 pm Reply with quote
O Maidens in Your Savage Season has been streaming as a 'special preview' on Hi-Dive for about a day now. Just so people know.

And Hidive just announced that they have a Roku app out today. Very Happy Pardon me, I have to go see if it works.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Word on the street is the Magical Senpai manga was based on a doujin, or otherwise a series of doujinshi. I don't know about you, but I think that explains a lot.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:51 pm Reply with quote
LucianGreyfold wrote:
I've been reading the manga of the Abandoned Sacred Beasts since the official US release of it and loved it from when I picked it up. It starts out building up to when we finally get the full details about what happened in the past, but this episode literally revealed pretty much the majority of the mystery and backstory in what feels like one big exposition episode. What happens in this episode would have more weight and emotion behind it if they had followed the manga and done the hints and pieces of what happened while letting us get to know Hank and his soon to be tag along partner.

I was interested in Sacred Beasts first few manga volumes, but it started to seem like spoiler[ The only solution for soldiers with super-PTSD was to kill them, in order to “take them out of their misery”. As a real life mental health advocate, it got depressing.]. I’d love to know if the manga does something different later on (I think I read until vol 7 or 8), but I’ll pass on the anime.
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:11 pm Reply with quote
From the description I was thinking are you lost was going to be a lord of the fly situation... I guess I couldn't be more wrong Anime hyper.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
LucianGreyfold wrote:
I've been reading the manga of the Abandoned Sacred Beasts since the official US release of it and loved it from when I picked it up. It starts out building up to when we finally get the full details about what happened in the past, but this episode literally revealed pretty much the majority of the mystery and backstory in what feels like one big exposition episode. What happens in this episode would have more weight and emotion behind it if they had followed the manga and done the hints and pieces of what happened while letting us get to know Hank and his soon to be tag along partner.

I was interested in Sacred Beasts first few manga volumes, but it started to seem like spoiler[ The only solution for soldiers with super-PTSD was to kill them, in order to “take them out of their misery”. As a real life mental health advocate, it got depressing.]. I’d love to know if the manga does something different later on (I think I read until vol 7 or 8), but I’ll pass on the anime.

Never saw the manga as a tale about PTSD,more as a tale about meddling in human evolution-Kinda of a Frankenstein/Helsing vibe for me(with a bit of Universal Soldier thrown in).

spoiler[You have Dracula(Cain) trying to recreate Dr Frankenstein's(Elaine's) formula to create an army,the Wolfman(Hank) trying to stop Cain and a government quite willing to wipe the slate clean by any means..]
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:12 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
From the description I was thinking are you lost was going to be a lord of the fly situation... I guess I couldn't be more wrong Anime hyper.

You weren't entirely wrong. Homare could be given the title "Lord of the Flies" after one certain scene in that episode. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:21 am Reply with quote
I assume there are ratings, they're just not plain text like they used to be? My high-contrast black just has them all blank.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 20