Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: to the abandoned Sacred Beasts

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:32 am Reply with quote
Was angry blondie supposed to come off as good but misguided or as a self-righteous egoistical jerk? Because right now heseems to be the latter.
His outright JOY at Schaal shooting down her father and the words he directed at her after murdering Trice (to which she was upsettingly submissive) make him no better than his brother. At least Cain Madhouse's cause isn't just going on a blind murderous rampage.
yuzumei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:10 am Reply with quote
Ep8
I found funny that this blonde merangel babe cannot find a singing job and people seemed disgusted by her appearance.
The angry blond guy turned out to be an a-hole! The way he talked to her at the end. What a douche!

So far i find this show very entertaining, much better that last season's kinda similar Fairy Gone.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:20 pm Reply with quote
A complaint I had about this series is that none of the individual tragedies seemed to matter. Nobody (except Schaal at the beginning) learned from or changed after any individual encounter. Like the Behemoth encounter. It was mostly harmless, he never broke his oath, he was killed off anyway, everyone cried a little and then moved on, never to reconsider anything.
And I thought the same would happen to Trice's case, so I was happy to see her case being mentioned again to at least try to change someone's worldview - although it still felt off as Schaal mentioned it as if it were a distant unfortunate occurence that no one was to blame for, while cheerfully pampering the one guy that murdered her friend for no good reason; I don't think that's how human beings act.
Tanteikingdomkey
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:59 pm Reply with quote
SO has the series addressed that whole ptsd angle yet.....Because thats kinda an important thing to bring up
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
SO has the series addressed that whole ptsd angle yet.....Because thats kinda an important thing to bring up

Currently the majority of Incarnates are civilians who volunteered for a government backed super soldier experiment..An experiment that heightened pre-existing personality traits to the point of utterly dominating the subject..and also transformed the subjects into beasts/monsters.

Make of that what you will but I just do not see a ptsd angle...
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:22 am Reply with quote
The closest was the minotaur with its constant paranoid fear of enemy assault.
Otherwise, their other mental scars are all either about their bodies or taking delight on violence. Nobody is specially concerned about the war horrors they witnessed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2