• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arte Manga About Female Renaissance Painter Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Very cool premise. Btw, can we expect gorgeous, heavily-researched 16th century Italy background art?
Morry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:47 pm Reply with quote
I'll be honest, this was the last series I was expecting to get an anime. It could end up being a real gem though if the production is as on point as the Renaissance art it's featuring.
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:27 am Reply with quote
That poster isn't reassuring... I really hope that it gets a "good" studio, with staff that are really into this.

If you don't know this manga I make a strong recommendation, it's really good.
Also, many may like to know that it's a strong "feminist" series.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
North Stars Pictures and Tokuma Shoten have digitally published 17 chapters of the manga in English in its Silent Manga Audition web manga magazine.

I check the website but they only have the first and recent chapter available as the rest I cannot get access to unless I am missing something that is.

On another note, I think I recall learning of this story a long time ago and given the story summery I would be interested in watching the animated adaptation it it's made available.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
mulletZERO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:07 am Reply with quote
I absolutely LOVE this manga and am thrilled it's getting an anime. Given the premise I didn't think an adaptation would ever be likely, but I am more than happy to be wrong. Really looking forward to this one. Arte is adorable.

It's really aggravating trying to find the manga in English as there is no physical release. Silent Audition used to have the first few chapters but then they just decided to stop. I was lucky enough to read them before the chapters got taken down.
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:47 am Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
Quote:
North Stars Pictures and Tokuma Shoten have digitally published 17 chapters of the manga in English in its Silent Manga Audition web manga magazine.

I check the website but they only have the first and recent chapter available as the rest I cannot get access to unless I am missing something that is.

A shame that you can't read there anymore, it was removed a some two years ago with the other manga published there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1