• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- BD+DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaptoothsailor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I rewatched for the first time recently when the dub dropped on Crunchyroll, and loved it a lot! Looking forward to finally owning this on home video...
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:40 pm Reply with quote
ReZero is one of my top favorite isekai anime and one of my favorite fantasy anime in general. As someone who is a Steins Gate fan, I love ReZero because of the whole tmeline reset reminds me a lot of Steins Gate but in a fantasy setting. I find the story to be very engaging with a lot of exciting twists and turns and I enjoy the characters and seeing Subaru's progression in the story as he desperately tries to save the people he cares about. I also appreciate the amount of detail they go into fantasy world building without it feeling like exposition or relying on the typical JRPG tropes you see usually see in this genre. You can also count me in on Team Emilia. I haven't read the novels yet but I don't think Emilia is tricking Subaru or that his feelings for him were implanted in by her. I think it's just a classic case of love at first sight. Emilia was the first friend Subaru made in this world and they went through a lot together and Subaru genuinely likes Emilia for who she is.
Probablytomorrow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I think the combination of ideas in this show is truly inspired. Because it's a fantasy story, anything can happen. Because it's a time travel story, everything matters. Brilliant!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2