• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Last Survivor Arcade Game's Video Reveals Delay to Winter

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anddo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:47 am Reply with quote
So sick of these "all-star" games that include every part. The last time we had a JoJo game fully dedicated to a single part was 2006's Phantom Blood on the PS2. That's 13 years since we had the last JoJo game I could take seriously.

The all-star thing caricaturizes and demeans the JJBA brand, I can't take a JoJo game seriously if you're going to tell me it's a battle royale clone with characters from every JoJo part like the last few games before it. When I was younger and I played the arcade Heritage for the Future and PS2 Golden Wind, I felt like those games had real grounded meaning and original gameplay mechanics that tried to translate their respective parts into the game format with faithfulness.

Modern JoJo games are such a joke.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1