• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Just now saw "The X Button - Strange Days" article...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nate B.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:14 am Reply with quote
I know this isn't relevant to much of that article past the beginning three paragraphs, and it's 10 years after the fact, but imagine my surprise to discover someone had found that letter I wrote Ultra Game Players Magazine in 1997 that they published in Issue 103—a letter which I'd completely forgotten about until I saw the article—and mentioned it in a news article 12 years later! And here it is, 22 years after I wrote the letter, and I'm just now seeing the article!

Apparently, someone else had written another letter to them in that same issue, writing like a drunk farmer, and they thought it was me after having finally snapped from no one covering Harvest Moon.

I'm flattered, and a little surprised, that a letter I wrote when I was 11 would be used to make a point on a news site. Very Happy Also, sorry for the mostly irrelevant post. But if it helps make it more relevant...yes, I still play Harvest Moon (and Story of Seasons, and Rune Factory, and Stardew Valley...) games, and they're some of the most fun games I've ever played!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1