• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Mignogna Deposition: Vic Mignogna Admits to Pulling Jamie Marchi's Hair, Denies it Was

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:02 am Reply with quote
Suu Slime wrote:

where did you get

"By the way, if you cared this much for Vic, why aren't you directing your anger towards Vic's lawyer who purposely gave all copies of video depositions to an alcoholic barely practicing lawyer named Nick."

From. Because from what i understand, Ty hasn't given Nick jack, or at least that's what Nick says.

Who else do you think gave Nick the full videos of Vic's deposition that he's been streaming? IIRC Ty Beard even said explicitly that they'd make it a "public fight" after the written record of the depo was made public by Monica
Suu Slime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:36 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Suu Slime wrote:

where did you get

"By the way, if you cared this much for Vic, why aren't you directing your anger towards Vic's lawyer who purposely gave all copies of video depositions to an alcoholic barely practicing lawyer named Nick."

From. Because from what i understand, Ty hasn't given Nick jack, or at least that's what Nick says.

Who else do you think gave Nick the full videos of Vic's deposition that he's been streaming? IIRC Ty Beard even said explicitly that they'd make it a "public fight" after the written record of the depo was made public by Monica

From what I understand, any lawyer can get records that aren't public, or at least that's how he explained getting a few docs before talking about the Vic situation. Also again, Nick repeatedly states he doesn't get court records from Ty.
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:59 am Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes
I really, REALLY wish this whole story was kept underwraps!
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:03 am Reply with quote
Amibite wrote:
Chuck Huber is pushing 50. He still thinks it's still the mid 90s where you could walk back a rape conviction like Mike Tyson did and returned to boxing and go on to sign TV and movie deals, or the 2000s where you could just deny the rumors like Michael Jackson did and still be on top of the world despite your name being synonymous with child molesting jokes and it being a "known fact" you touch kids. But it's the Current Year, where we're so committed to the bit that we've posthumously unpersoned Michael Jackson since Leaving Neverland despite MJ being acquitted of and found not guilty of those accusations two decades ago. Fact of the matter is, a lawsuit is the only option Vic has left and all people have these days and have become a more common method to combat #MeToo accusations.
People as a whole shouldn't be so invested in a fight that isn't their own.
ranran-001

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:54 am Reply with quote
Suu Slime wrote:
CrowLia wrote:
Suu Slime wrote:

where did you get

From what I understand, any lawyer can get records that aren't public, or at least that's how he explained getting a few docs before talking about the Vic situation. Also again, Nick repeatedly states he doesn't get court records from Ty.

If you are going with that information, have you at least deferred to any lawyer other than Nick and Ty?
xBTAx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:02 am Reply with quote
jellybeanbandit wrote:
Suu Slime wrote:
To anyone who ever gets accused of sexual assault without ANY evidence, NEVER admit to anything, never back down, never "Disappear for awhile" because that will never work. You either stand up that you've never did anything of that nature, or you are forever labeled as a predator. And if ANY PR firm tells you otherwise, fire them ASAP. They don't care about you, they simply make the "easiest" choice they can possibly make and discard you.

Yeah, pretty much. Didn't work for Kirbopher

Apologizing only shows weakness and lets people know they can demand more from you

Kirbopher is similarly someone whose actions were known for years (though less widely spread), yet he was allowed to become popular and continue getting roles.

It’s extremely good that he’s being dealt with now, actually.
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:07 am Reply with quote
BlueRex666 wrote:
Rolling Eyes

All this is painful, I know, but I’m glad we know. I wish we knew sooner.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:16 am Reply with quote
BlueRex666 wrote:
Rolling Eyes

I don't.
It just makes it easier for people to feel more comfortable with not having to accept reality.

I was a fan of Vic. I was still a fan even though I had a conversation with a staff member about their negative experiences. This is the first time I learned of it over 10 years ago.

Eventually, I think this catches up. If he had resolved this situation before and actually cleaned up his act, and if the people working with him took it more seriously then this wouldn't have gotten as far as it did. :/

Last edited by tygerchickchibi on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:41 am Reply with quote
Just saying, that the name of the thread should probably be edited due to where it cut off...
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:49 am Reply with quote
Unless you have links to support your claims let's stop with the hearsay and conspiracy theories. We don't need more gossip and unsupported claims like many are posting.
batwing321

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Chuck Huber doesn't deserves any hatred in this; he was trying to make a bad situation better for everyone involved because the alternative, as we've seen, is division and turmoil all across the industry. He wasn't trying to give Vic a free pass, and he wasn't coddling Monica. I've seen him to be an upstanding guy who's helped a lot of people in the past, so I hope this admittedly failed attempt at mediation won't tarnish his reputation, at least.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:43 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
What Huber was doing was attempting to intimidate Vic's victims. My estimation of him has plummeted.

That part bothers me a lot. Trying to play mediator when, seemingly, nobody involved asked him to is strange enough, if you ask me. The part about saying that other actors will leave her to fend for herself is where it turns from weird to disturbing, in my mind.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:03 pm Reply with quote
The Funimation Investigation section is now updated with additional information from today's filing of Monica Rial and Ronald Toye's Supplement to Motion to Dismiss.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:06 pm Reply with quote
FAST.

Thank you!
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:08 pm Reply with quote
The twins' affidavits are just... man.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4