• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
why cant we select what topics to get on the RSS?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Windbladezero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:12 pm Reply with quote
like the homepage, where one can select what to see, like, anime, manga, movies, games, people etc etc
as i dont care not even a little bit about some of the topics and im sure many people doesnt either, i just want an rss source to be up to date with ANIME and GAMES, and thats it, there are countless forums about other fandoms on the internet that lets one get only the content about certain topics....why not ignore it? maybe because one sometimes have feed readers with pretty much about any page one follows, way too much content, important topics get lost way too easily...
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:30 pm Reply with quote
We designed the RSS feed before we started adding those topics. Not a lot of people use RSS these days, so we haven't updated the RSS system in a long time.

A few other people have requested exactly the same thing as you, so it is on our to-do list, but because of the low number of people using RSS, it's pretty low.

I hope we can get to it sometime middle of next year.

-t
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1